They're all at it!

Guest stevie cop

And I never got a mention!!! :( This was the project I was telling you about, mind you there were not half alot of folk coming out of the wood work when the press appeared?? There were two of us with the kids, and 26 talking about the way forward!! says it all!!

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SAM COX, NO CHANCE it would be like the tukeys voteing for an extension to christmas! unless you have a commercial interest in exploiting fish stocks? I would rather have a job with less time to fish than more time to fish and no money to do it, tried it, didnt like it.

Guest jay_con

Huge, you were one of the many lucky ones last time around. Some werent so lucky. I had a freind who bought a house lived in it for 8 years and when He sold it he owed 9 grand.

I would like to rethink my financial situation but cant matey. I live in a town where no way can you have a council house there just isnt enough to go around,all the private houses are bought as second homes or holiday cottages and have fallen into the hands of the few (dont think the tories would change that) and any available private let homes are more expensive than my mortgage (I live in the cheepest house you could buy here) so which option would you go for in that situation, How should I be rethinking??? There dont seem to be an endless list of options. Would you like to see us on the street perhaps like that idiot your proposing I vote for?

At least we would be able to have fish for tea though.

Dan:

Hi

Norm dont know which Dept you work for but we were faced with redundancy notices twice under the last Conservative gov, it was only with PCS support and our ability to make it political that saved our jobs. The conservatives intend to cut even more public sector jobs so dont vote for them because you think your job will be safer, because it wont! Vote for them if you believe in their policies by all means but as labour have taken nearly all the conservatives policies there isnt much between them! We could easily do a list on here of what they have and havent done but it might end up a bit like thew life of brian sketch!

Dan

:cool: Hi Dan, I work for the MOD. I don't think either of the main parties will do enough for RSA but I just feel that Labour have had 8 years and done nothing except break promises then ask for 5 more years, what can they do in 5 years that they haven't been able to do in 8 years. So my idea is, kick them out and give the Conservatives a chance. That way we show that we do have some clout and whoever gets in had better do something for RSA. :D

NormB the tories didn't ban all hand guns, only those over .22. Labour banned .22 and effectivley ended the sport. If PETA started promising big cash sums angling would be on the hit list to ban tommorrow. The thought police would be out and the public turned against us.

Yes I do vote tory, but only because of their views on my passions in life. I and many others will be helping candidates from all parties that are sympathetic to our views so that after the election we can try to prevent more and more of our rights being erroded. Mr Micheal told us, as his duplicity became apparent on the banning of hunting, that our only recourse is to the ballot box - so be it. It might take longer than one election but we all have to get more political to ensure that our parliament works for us.

@SPRING@:

Would you like to see us on the street perhaps like that idiot your proposing I vote for?

At least we would be able to have fish for tea though.

I wouldn't care to see anybody on the street @spring@ although I see it all the time here. You are not alone in your housing crisis. On the Island Wages are only just on the NMW. Most jobs are part time or seasonal and the average yearly wage is in the region of £8,000. A young working couple can therefore gain a mortgage in the region of £40,000 towards an average house price of starter homes of £100,000.

How many years have we been promised a change to that situation and when did the smallest bit of help come, about 3 weeks ago in the budget.

My Son spent 4 years living in a rented house (little better than a pig sty) in Southampton whilst he did his degree, at the end of which he owed £16,000..............

To the Govt!

This year my twins depart for UNI, I am glad they weren't born a few months later as it would cost me £3,000 pa each for their fees, but it's ok because they can 'borrow' that also from the Govt and pay it back later.... If I could purchase a house for my son to live in, do it immorally with some degree of dishonesty do you think I would get away if I cried on telly.

Yet in Scotland........ how different a situation, and Scottish MP's are allowed to vote through Labour's Education changes here at the same time opposing change in their own 'parliment' at which place we or I have NO say or representation

And as for who I have proposed you vote for, I don't think I have, I have proposed you email your local MP who ever they are.

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

Guest Flybynight

I still think that for most (not all clearly from some of the posts) of us, we have our politics and draw our conclusions from that rather than the other way around.

Some basic (fishing) truths I see about both parties though:

a) in their different ways the two mains are both stunningly populist at the moment (I see that in a very bad light) - please don't tell me otherwise. So if they believe that the fishing vote (whatever that might be) is worth having they will go after it in any way that appears effective for getting that vote. Think Jamie Oliver and then Travellers for eg.

B) They both protect their natural core voters while trying to edge in on the other's territory. Certainly the Tories do see some element of the angling community as their natural voters - that's not people I know - social groups A and B. Labour would see social groups C,D&E anglers as more likely to be their suppporters. (I hate those categorisations - but don't know of any better - and it is how the politicians and their lobbyists see the world). The Tories are currently hoping to take right-wing tabloid reading C,D&E's from labour, but on race/ration, not fishing issues.

c) Both will trample ruthlessly on those who they don't see as in their constituency (think miners/dockers/unions/NHS/state education and then hunting/tax on the other hand)/. It would be surprising in any country to find any politician going too far out of their way to do otherwise. So Labour would be more likely to make landowners open their land to anglers for example, while the Tories would support land owners who wanted protection against that. Neither has a great environmental record - and so neither could be particularly trusted with conservation in the future - for different reasons.

I quite like the BASS proposal - but then, I recognise that I would because that is more where all of my other politics lie. I hate the Tory version - because making the whole world one big market place doesn't seem like a good idea to me , and doesn't seem to have worked out very well for the large majority. But then - that is what I'd think - it's consistent with all of my other views.

Isn't the really interesting question, whether either party or maybe more likely, any individual is acting out of character or pushing the boundaries a bit? On fishing issues, I can't see any at the moment...

Cheers

FBN

PS Sam - I don't think a protest vote is necessarily a wasted vote: it sends the message to the others that they aren't liked. So any party getting in with say 40% of the vote can hardly claim to have a mandate...

Guest stevie cop

Lethargy is a problem. British politics is rotten to the core, and we are all sick of it. But not voting just encourages them. Our vote is our most powerful weapon and we should use it to our advantage. I'm not happy with bLiar and Co, so this election I'm going to vote against them. By that I mean I'm going to vote for the only party with a real chance of toppling this sorry government.

Howard struck a chord today when he said that under this government, decent, hard working and honest people are being punished instead of rewarded. He reckons he'll change that, but we'll see.

The MRSA thing is getting worse. Great Ormond Street Childrens Hospital has been suffering terribly lately and children have died because of it. I find that disgusting. 4th richest country in the world and children are dying in our hospitals because they are so filthy. I'm sorry but that alone is enough to make me vote against bLiar, who said he was going to improve the NHS 8 years ago.

Its Europe that scares me, Blair would sell his mother to a Amsterdam brothel if he thought it would help him get the job of president.

The Concervatives say they will pull out of the Common Fisheries Policy, I'm not sure how, I doubt Europe will just let them, a vote for Blair is a vote for the euro, once that comes in we will be well and truely conquered, so far the concervatives have said nothing much about Europe and the euro, not forgeting that Clarke and Heseltine were the main conspirators who stabbed Maggie in the back, because she would not give in to Europe, you can say what you like about Maggie, at least she was British through and through, Clarke and his gang are still lurking in the background.

Personally I am stuck between a rock and a hard place, I hate Blair and his ideas for the European superstate. I'm not sure I trust or think the concervatives are man enough to stand up to Europe.

I've met several politicians and would not give ya tuppence for any of em, and the same goes for the top civil servants, who run the country anyway, no matter who's in power.

I fish to live and live to fish.