Carp

severus

Whew - I surely have and more than once. :blink:

:):)

He most certainly has. He will have to admit that some of his favorite fishing experiences are watching me latch onto a big one and struggle to reel it in. :rolleyes: One day I even caught a fish with fur (oh yeah, that was my dachshund that fell over board). :P

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Severus,

1. Carp are edible.

2. They do not feed solely on the bottom.

3. They are not fairly easy to catch.

Sorry to rant but one more thing....carp are not pollution loving as stated in the article, the fact is that they can tolerate low oxygen levels in water, no fish loves pollution.

:) Easy, Ian. My intention was not to start a flaming match or troll, but rather to point out a prevailing attitude toward carp over h'yar. I think that's the first time I've seen you rant. Now I know how to get your goat. :D

Personally I think carp angling is on the same level as any other form of fishing. It's just not my bag, but I don't look down on it either, especially after learning how spooky and difficult to catch they may be. There just are not enough hours in a day for me to do all the types of fishing available, unfortunately.

Be good and you will be lonely.
~ Mark Twain

Severus,

I wasn't really ranting, I said "sorry to rant" in case you thought I might have been (if that makes sense) :)

I guess I was just listing some obvious (to me at least) errors in the article you posted.

I'm sorry if my statement that carp are not easy to catch hit a nerve with some people but I still maintain that they are wiser than other bottom feeding course fish such as tench or bream for example.

Whew - I surely have and more than once. :blink:

:):)

I forgot to mention that I have only ever fished for carp twice in my life, but I caught carp both times. ;)

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

Now I know how to get your goat.

Goats are not that easy to catch Ken. But once you do they definitely are edible. B)

Is that a fact, Gerry? Next you'll be telling me you listen to goat-roping music (country music). :D

Be good and you will be lonely.
~ Mark Twain

yeh, don't forget western :)

i have several parts of a goat in the freezer right now, just waiting till i have guests who will appreciate curried goat :)

I think the most amusing thing is that this is on the Non Fishing Chat forum, Which kinda fits with my thoughts on carp fishing!!!! ;) ;) ;)

please note exclaimation marks before I get hate mail!!

Dan

There's a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore like an idiot!

Its nice here! http://www.twfcorfu.com

Guest Finepix
yeh, don't forget western :)

i have several parts of a goat in the freezer right now, just waiting till i have guests who will appreciate curried goat :)

Curried goat has always intrigued me after watching it on an episode of Rick Stein. Let us know what it's like :)