Electric Blue

Alan Taylor

Paul, you now have a DUTY to look after me

Bring some extra terminal tackle that you are using and I will pay for it but not the tuition :D

Chappers, thanks for the info, does that mean we have to spend half the valuable day looking for bait? I have some herring feathers if I can find them. on the subject of trebbles, Rob must have been there before, not arguing with you Paul but I/we must have some faith in the skipper or I have made a big mistake here :confused: ?

If we get some decent fish Norman B (editor/owner of SAN) wants pics and a report for the 2 days, who is going to do it?

At the moment I have a terrible bout of the flu, ok a bad cold, just hope it clears by Saturday as its a long drive to Chris P.

Off to bed (sniffffffff, sneezeeeee)

Alan

ANMC Founder Member. . www.the-lounge.org.uk/valley/

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hiya, I will bring the Sabiki rigs that I got from Chris Goddard, great rigs for "smaller" fish. John, thanks for that, but I do want to bring a few odds and ends, i.e. rubber eels etc,oh, and more importantly, My new AN T-Shirt.... :D

Bags me for the Official Photographer, I'm dying to try out my "new" slr camera that Nick gave me..... :D:D

[ 12. August 2004, 10:33 PM: Message edited by: Norrie ]

In sleep every dog dreams of food,and I, a fisherman,dream of fish..

Theocritis..

For Fantastic rods,and rebuilds. http://www.alba-rods.co.uk/

If the two days warrant a write up, I'm ok to do it, but it won't be untill after I return from Ireland on 5th September.

"To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first, and call whatever you hit the target."

Norrie:

My new AN T-Shirt.... :D

Bags me for the Official Photographer, I'm dying to try out my "new" slr camera that Nick gave me.....

Glad you got the T shirt mate, you can lend it to one of the lads while you take the pics.

Elton, thanks for the quick service for any of the Electric blue crew that ordered them, they will make it look more of a team event.

A prize for the best Bass on day 1 and 2 (I am only fishing day 1

:D:D a presentation box of say 5 flys would be nice or some of Chris Parkers lures, I will work on him next week. I will give DB angling supplies an email and see if I can get a small gift or 2 from them.

Anyone up for a raffle, proceeds to the up keep of AN. Prizes provided by us or anyone looking in :D Just an idea

NOW OFF TO BED, nite all

Alan

Alan Taylor:

Elton, thanks for the quick service for any of the Electric blue crew that ordered them, they will make it look more of a team event.

I ordered one earlier in the week - does that mean its on it's way? :D

"To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first, and call whatever you hit the target."

Paul was just passing on what Rob said have only fished with sand eels myself in the past but would agree if the bass are really having it then a switch to singles wouldn't hurt as missing the odd bite won't matter too much.

Norrie I too have just about everything too so by all means bring your own kit but I wouldn't go to too much effort getting extra tackle and bring those sabiki rigs they're the ones he recomended. I wouldn't bother lugging too many leads on the plane though.

Rob recommends a Portland rig over a boomed flying collar as it helps to stop the bait tangeling your rig as much and to keep the trace down to about 10 feet

Alan I don't think finding bait will be too much of a problem I expect the bass won't be too far away from the bait fish anyway.

Elton e-mailed me today to say my new t-shirt has been dispatched so will be wearing it with pride.

Have a great day. Bass fishing is just the best in the world when it comes right. I'm hearing on the sly that the fish are coming back as well - went quiet for a while.

I don't need to tell you to put most of them back - and all those over 5lb are female - so they should go back (end of story no excuses) - and bass shouldn't really be frozen as they don't taste as good as straight out of the sea - of course I don't?

Have you decided on the pub yet?

I will try to find you all Fri eve - I've got your message Jabee.

Only a week to go! I bet you'r all excited - like kiddies before Xmas!!!! :)

Jealousy: totally irrational anger directed at people who happen to be richer, prettier, thinner, cleverer and more successful than you are.

Julian Fox:

I don't need to tell you to put most of them back - and all those over 5lb are female - so they should go back (end of story no excuses) -

Julian, do I understand the above correctly :confused: I will be driving about 700 miles for this leg of the trip, £50 for the boat plus extras on the boat plus my fuel, ferry and digs etc etc, and you expect me to return my fish. If I catch a Bass it will only be my second in 40+ years of fishing, in your years of Bassing how many have you kept? A first for Norrie and Norma too.

I will be taking some fish home to share with my mates if I catch :(

Oh and welcome to AN :)

Alan