Electric Blue

Alan Taylor

Rob, thanks for putting my mind at rest, I thought you might have to leave 7am sharp, and thus be all at sea without us

We will try our best to be let out of the site early, as the last thing I want to do is keep a charter waiting.

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Vagabond:

as the last thing I want to do is keep a charter waiting.

Vags, after all the reports that you and Norma have posted over the last 5 years I think we are all more than willing to hang on for you both, at least until the pubs open :D

I for one have 3 goals

Meet friends from AN and fish with them.

Learn as much as possible from experts in there field, ie Chris P before we get to Lymington and then from Rob.

What I learn in the UK I hope to put to good use over here in Holland.

A first Bass for Norrie, Norma and myself would be magic.

Sonja and I teaming up with Salar on Saturday night/Sunday morning would be a megga bonus.

I think thats more than 3 :confused: :D

Oh is Norrie coming :P

Alan

ANMC Founder Member. . www.the-lounge.org.uk/valley/

Alan Taylor:

Sonja and I teaming up with Salar on Saturday night/Sunday morning would be a megga bonus.

Alan

Likewise, its firmly in the diary and I'm looking forward to it

East Hampshire Boat Anglers www.boat-angling.co.uk

• 1 month later...

John, Hope so, I am REALLY looking forward to this one....what did you catch,any new species???? But more importantly, did he buy the crew a drink in the pub after,,,,, :D:D

In sleep every dog dreams of food,and I, a fisherman,dream of fish..

Theocritis..

For Fantastic rods,and rebuilds. http://www.alba-rods.co.uk/

• 2 weeks later...

Vagabond which campsite are you staying at, we are camping too, at Hollands Park (brockenhurst) If you were there too, was wondering if I could scrounge a lift down to the boat on Sunday morning to save the misses getting up so early (unfortunately she needs the car for the day).

If not then no worries.

Cheers

Gareth

jabee:

I fished with Rob a couple of weeks back - fine boat, excellent skipper.

Should be a great weekend

:cool: I was out on True Blue 2 from Poole on Thursday. Steve Porter the skipper is a very knowledgable chap who does his best to give his anglers a good day. The original trip was blown off so we had a lesser tide for our trip. We still had over 20 bass, I believe. I can't be certain as some were secreted in boxes and bags very quickly. I had four, dropped one and lost one in a tangle, 2lb+ to 5lb was the average but

True Blue, Steves old boat, had 2 double figure fish on the day. We also had gurnards and a turbot. We had an 11 hour day, sailed at 0830, back in at 1930. 8 on the boat which was manageable as all had done it before, not many cups of tea as the boat is either being driven or drifting and Steve is busy but I think I got 3 cups. There is a microwave for heating food etc and a flush loo. £40 per individual angler or £280 if booking the whole boat, I think. Live sandeels if req'd at £20 per 200. Worth thinking about if more than 6 want to go, and I think you get the boat rate if you book at least 4 places. :D

Paul, I have recently spoken to Rita, and all is well, we are booked in for the Friday and Saturday nights, But I didnt know if you wanted the Sunday so said you would let her know....As for the boat, I havent got contact details etc, as its not me who is organising the trip.... :D:D

In sleep every dog dreams of food,and I, a fisherman,dream of fish..

Theocritis..

For Fantastic rods,and rebuilds. http://www.alba-rods.co.uk/

Hi all,

due to the logistics of our trip I think we will be staying in Salar's area on Friday night and I will make an early start Sat morning ready for 0700 kick off or when Vags and Norma can escape goolag Brokenhurst. I will probably have a coffee with you when we get in Sat then off back to Salar and an early night ready for a couple of 6 hours fishing with Salar before heading for home.

I will be away and off line from next Saturday morning, Norrie has my mobile number.

As cool boxes are not allowed I wonder if there is a cool fish room, I want to take my fish home in the van and not let it rot.

Lets hope the weather holds lads and that we get some good pics for AN and NormanB.

If you have AN T shirts could you bring them along, ok humour an old man

Alan

ANMC Founder Member. . www.the-lounge.org.uk/valley/