Electric Blue

Alan Taylor

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Allways get a blow a week after a big one hits the east coast of the good old US of A & unless this one charges around the gulf & goes north then it will drift off over Bermuda & the Atlantic as per normal. Expect it midweek & hope it clears before the weekend.

Our local BBC crew seem to agree!

Jealousy: totally irrational anger directed at people who happen to be richer, prettier, thinner, cleverer and more successful than you are.

I do hope you are wrong Togs, but getting blown off a Channel trip is nothing new to me :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...

Map of Lymington showing 'Bath Road' & Quay car parks.

Posted Image

Route I've shown seems convoluted and you can get to the Quay via the bottom of high street if its quiet, but for most of the day it's quicker to 'go round'.

Jealousy: totally irrational anger directed at people who happen to be richer, prettier, thinner, cleverer and more successful than you are.

Alan?

I`ll show you how to tie a Portland rig, and hook a live sandeel corectly using a single hook. But as for showing anyone how to catch bass, that lies in the hands of the gods!!

I`ll impart one gem of knowledge from my bass fishing experience? Apart from the 2 beads necessary for the portland rig, and the mid-trace swivell. The only bit of colour showing, should be the live-bait itself. Unless of course we hit a shoal in a feeding frenzy. Then feel free to rip off a bit of your hand towel as a lure, it will be attacked as soon a one of the sods espies it!! :D:D

Of course hurricane charlie will be winging his way to give us a battering. But even so, we`ll just have to target `smuts` in the solent?

Just to hiss off Mr Benson.

I might even find time to sort my tackle box out?

We don`t use J`s anymore!!

This site is good for 'whatsacomming' across the atlantic - yottie types call him up for route advice across the Atlantic.

http://www.franksingleton.clara.net/home.html

Looks like Charley is fizzing out on the eastern seaboard & may well not make it with any strength to Bermuda & therefore us after a few more days.

For those of you not local our BBC 'local' site is here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/southampton/weather/wind_12.shtml

Looking at Alan's last post he is 'en route', hope all goes well.

It does seem like a good many of the storms that run up the US East Coast curve and head toward the UK. Do you normally also get problems from the ones that do like Hurricane Danielle has done - a fairly common pattern of making up just off Africa, across to mid-atlantic, and then a sharp curve to almost due north?

Posted Image

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Alan Taylor:

I love my fishing and respect the fish and conservation of them, come on you have seen enough of my posts on netting etc,

I will be taking fish home with me, cool blocks etc and my friends that only see a Bass on the internet will share my catch. Schoolies will go back and once I have a decent one the rest will probably go back. MY CHOICE or the skippers if he says there is a 2 fish limit ...

I know you take only a reasonable number of good eating size. Any regulars on here know the same.

Before I got too dang lazy to mess with cleaning them I did the same.

Was just trying to make two points:

1) I don't think Julian Fox was making a dig at you. More of a general comment whose sentiment I think most of us share - take what you need/want/can use of decent size fish but no more and release the bigguns.

2) I would hate to see one comment by a new poster put him on your "can't ever in the future say or do anything right on here so might as well die or at least go away" list.

And now I'm off that topic for the duration of this thread except to observe that sometimes you can be as grouchy as an old bear with piles (hemorrhoids). :D:D

Wishing you folks a wonderful time and lots of fish and good meals eating some of them.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

spasor:

I`ll show you how to tie a Portland rig,

The Cavaliers Sea Angling Club site at

http://www.cavalierssac.co.uk

gives a description along with lots of other useful rigs.

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...

Newt, We are generaly lucky that most of the storms run out of puff in the Mid Atlantic and are kept at bay by 'the Azores high', Poor old Ireland often gets a hit first & takes most of it but sometimes they drop down towards Spain & come up the channel giving us a rough time (nothing to what was seen in Florida mind!)

Lucky for our chums here in Lymington it looks like charley is still well fixed to your east coast so will be well puffed out when it comes across.