Electric Blue

Alan Taylor

Hi Alan, Well, I think John is going to lend me a rod, I should be able to purloin a reel,but,as this is my first true Bassing trip, I've no idea what I'm in for or what gear I will need,i.e. traces etc, I suppose my normal cod gear will be too heavy,If you are coming with the van, you could just throw the rod and reel in the back, couldn't you. :rolleyes: John says I would be better with a levelwind reel, I dont own one...will we be using braid or mono?????

I think you had better get yourself organised for May,what dates are you thinking of...I will have to book the time off. :D

In sleep every dog dreams of food,and I, a fisherman,dream of fish..

Theocritis..

For Fantastic rods,and rebuilds. http://www.alba-rods.co.uk/

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Norrie:

I will chuck some spare gear on the van, including a couple of fixed spool reels as we may be doing some rock/shore fishing in Wales. Don't worry about fishing tackle, I am sure that Rob will advise us nearer the date.

As for May, it looks like an ordinary weekend, the plan is to arrive on Friday 28 may (1200) at Edinburgh (Easy Jet) depart 0900 Tuesday 1st June.

We should have enough time on the Friday for a couple of hours fly fishing, then to the bingo then the pub for last orders (if they ever call em in that pub) :D

Early start Saturday morning arriving at Davy and Linda's in time for breakfast (0800)

Must dash

Alan

ANMC Founder Member. . www.the-lounge.org.uk/valley/

Norrie

Don't worry about gear -As well as a rod I can sort you out with a reel and anything else you need when you get into Bristol on the Friday.

"To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first, and call whatever you hit the target."

oooooh... Missed this one and only picked up an ansphone message from Alan today - I would have loved to come along but I have the boy that weekend. Anyway, it sounds like your all going to have a great time. I just pity the poor gentlefolk of Lymington :D:D

You never know, I have a favourite shore mark for smuts in the area so may bump into you lot yet :D:D:P

SandTiger:

You never know, I have a favourite shore mark for smuts in the area so may bump into you lot yet   :D     :D     :P  

SSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

https://www.harbourbridgelakes.com/

Pisces mortui solum cum flumine natant

You get more bites on Anglers Net

Davey?

Piff oss!!

See what happens when you spend too long looking at your own navel?

Can`t you be satisfied with our Dartmouth, Weymouth and Lochaline trips???????

If I didn`t know better?

:rolleyes: Paul. :rolleyes:

We don`t use J`s anymore!!