African Grey blabs

Paul Boote

Lovely birds. Used to see flocks of them over the Congo River in central Africa. Nice story here -

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4619764.stm

"What did you expect to see out of a Torquay hotel bedroom window? Sydney Opera House perhaps? The Hanging Gardens of Babylon? Herds of wildebeest sweeping majestically...?"

Basil Fawlty to the old bat, guest from hell, Mrs Richards.

The front page of today's Times as well.

I wonder if it could impersonate coitus interruptus! if so the parrot could say that he participated in aural sex.

Edited by Alan Stubbs

This is a signature, there are many signatures like it but this one is mine

A burglar broke into a house via a window, and once inside was startled by a raucous voice -

"Jesus is watching you" it said.

He froze

"Jesus is watching you" said the voice again

Summoning his courage, Bill Sykes switched on his pencil torch - in the beam of the torch sat a grey parrot in a cage.

"Garn - a bleedin' parrot - what sort of nerks call their parrot 'Jesus' ?" he scoffed.

"Jesus is not MY name - I'm called Nebuchadnezzar" said the parrot.

"Jesus is our rottweiler"

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...

I`ve got the good (or mis) fortune to own an african grey, had him five years now and all I can say is that you have to watch what you say, they will copy or mimic anything to perfection from drinking tea and slurping, to dogs barking, to swear words, (by her indoors of course) to our squeaky hoover and herself saying sh#t as she trips over the cord.

I`ve got the good (or mis) fortune to own an african grey, had him five years now and all I can say is that you have to watch what you say, they will copy or mimic anything to perfection from drinking tea and slurping, to dogs barking, to swear words, (by her indoors of course) to our squeaky hoover and herself saying sh#t as she trips over the cord.

I sympathize. On the few occasions I shared a lunch or dinner with an American Evangelical Christian 'Pastor' missionary and his family whom I'd met in the Congo during some travels in the early 1990s, I wondered why, at the start of meal times, my host would always cover his African Grey's cage with a cloth.

"Why, XXXX?" I asked.

"Well, he joins in our Grace, then he 'tut's..."

Clever bird.

Edited by Paul Boote

"What did you expect to see out of a Torquay hotel bedroom window? Sydney Opera House perhaps? The Hanging Gardens of Babylon? Herds of wildebeest sweeping majestically...?"

Basil Fawlty to the old bat, guest from hell, Mrs Richards.

I mate of mine from a few years back had one (his dad had a bit of money) and he used to imitate the balls on the pool table clacking togther, the balls falling down the pots and call out "Shot" now and again, and if you laughted at him he would laugh back at ya, Although it hated people going near him!

I had a myna bird a few years ago and the only word he ever learnt was "what", he also used to imitate the phone, the pidgeons and bloody seagulls, the grief didn't last very long after he passed ohmy.gif

Cheers

<º))))><.·´¯`·.ÐÅѸ.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>

IPB Image