Strange Pike attacks

RUDD

Plenty of anglers have had fish attacked by pike during the fight but what about tackle?

I have had a few wagglers come back with teeth marks and have seen feeders get munched.

Also heard of keepnets getting bashed.

One item that must get attacked is the marker float.

They must look like an injured fish trundling along the bottom while the angler feels around for a good spot, especialy if they have a nice bright body or sight tip.

Anyone got any stories or other items that have taken a pikes fancy?

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Plenty of anglers have had fish attacked by pike during the fight but what about tackle?

I have had a few wagglers come back with teeth marks and have seen feeders get munched.

Also heard of keepnets getting bashed.

One item that must get attacked is the marker float.

They must look like an injured fish trundling along the bottom while the angler feels around for a good spot, especialy if they have a nice bright body or sight tip.

Anyone got any stories or other items that have taken a pikes fancy?

Not so much Pike but when i used to fish matches,quite often while plumbing up a Perch would take the plumbet.

Plenty of attacks on wagglers as they hit the water when fishing up in the water on the drop in the summer.Feeder attacks common on the rivers and most strange of all their attraction to black lead weights on the bottom of a sunken float paternoster rig despite a juicy livvo being only a few foot further up! all on the retrieve though.Nearly forgot the fascination they have with retrieved boillies also!

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

Nearly forgot the fascination they have with retrieved boillies also!

Beat me to it! I've had a few pike hit a boilie on the retrieve - and once last year had a tearing run from a pike which had picked up a 10mm boilie fished static on the bottom. Also, had a pike from a river on static quivertipped luncheon meat.

I love pike, but they could do with a few more years in school really. Bless em.

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

Fished a couple of matches where pike have taken feeders and been landed,were never sure of rules on this so we let them count. The times I've seen this have always been on cold, hard fishing days, don't know if thats relevent. Also had perch take plummets.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

hi folks,

i've occasionally noticed pike taking static boillies (pop-ups too sometimes) and always assumed that the boillie has attarcted the attentions of small coarse fish....they fuss around it and along comes the pike trying to scoop 'em up and hey presto...one esox lucius on a boillie....

that's my view anyway..

<')Andy<