Jack straw shows his true colours

Ken L

Think Ant just summed up my views entirely. We have now reached the stage of "positive discrimination" When it comes to Islam, in many instances it shows little or no respect for those inside its` beliefs, especially women whom they like to keep round about the 13 or 1400`s. No I aint racist, I`ve no problem with

W. indians, Africans, Chinese or others but we are bending over far too much to accomodate the fanatics of Islam. One of my best friends is African and, to quote him " I`m a nigga mate and black as they come, but what the hell" I repeat, his words, not mine. By the way, Salmond Rushdie has a new book coming out:-

Bhuddas` a wee fat b######. :yeah::yeah:

:thumbs:

Edited by geffaz

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Having looked at the cartoons I am struggling to find any connection with religion of any sort.

The nearest was the guy on the cloud with a turban stating there were no more virgins, he could have been a hindu from his appearance.

Unless there was some wording which I did not see the connections with Islam seem some what unclear.

The other thing I find very strange is that all of the countries involved have been very verbal about our activities in Iraq and our abuse of Islamic nationals. France being the for runner.

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist

I'm sorry but havng now seen the cartoons,I can't see the problem. If the cartoons had been aimed at a christian deity, then the only people who would have complained would have been extremists, maybe there are more extremists in the muslem religion. I would like to here the views of a christian man of the cloth. Are there any takers?

Sorry gozzer you hit a nerve there. I find some of the anti-religeous Christmas cards (now there's a topic in it's self) offensive. True I dont call for a jihad, I just shrug it off like most other people, but offense is taken all the same. Committed Christian or extremist, your call? ;)

Do those of you who see nothing wrong in these cartoons realise that even showing a picture of Muhammed is considered blasphemy?

On BBC News 24 Jeremy Bowen explained that these cartoons have angered muslims more than the invasion of Iraq.

So please bear these points in mind when judging whether these cartoons are offensive. Even if they don't seem so to us, they are to muslims.

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

Whether blasphemous or not, there are far, far more important things troubling the world today than a few useless cartoons.

Religion really has got a lot to answer for still if it is going to continue to cause such outrageous and over the top reactions in people. Haven't they got something better to do?

Edited by Lid

Do those of you who see nothing wrong in these cartoons realise that even showing a picture of Muhammed is considered blasphemy?

On BBC News 24 Jeremy Bowen explained that these cartoons have angered muslims more than the invasion of Iraq.

So please bear these points in mind when judging whether these cartoons are offensive. Even if they don't seem so to us, they are to muslims.

Therein may lie part of the problem then. "showing a picture of muhammed is considered blasphemy" to them, not to us. But because they consider it blasphemey then everyone else in the world has to agree with them and curtail our freedom of speech or freedom of the "free" press, concepts they are not all that familiar with. I personally cannot have and will not have, any respect for pratts who wander around with large placards saying "behead those who insult Allah" or whoever the heck they insulted (last nights BBC news.) If they want the respect they should be entitled to then they should show respect for others who do not hold their beliefs, not offer up threats of violence and death over a few pictures

the cartoons are anexcuse for a bit of a punch up! NOT the reason ,if as they say Islam is a religeon of peace then why for the slightest reason do they use any excuse to riot :rolleyes:

stop pandering to these people :angry: had the protest been a "christian" one with placards saying exterminate moslems half the protestors would have been arrested and the rest beaten up ,in this case there was no arrests :rolleyes:

i have nothing against "free" speech but those (as in yesterdays farce) should realise it goes both ways and cartoons are just as valid as freedom of speech :rolleyes:

Annan was just as sickening as Straw ,there cartoons mate if people rioted for everything someone didnt like in a cartoon the world would explode why should moslems be given the right to force their ethics down our throats the damn world is sucking up to them knowing full well if they annoy them bombs will follow these protests ,bugger them and all that pander to extremists of any religeoun :angry:

the way this country is going i can see book burning going on ,peoples houses raided for books and libraries stripped for books that "may" offend someone no matter who they are ,televisions only showing "safe" programs and citizens keeping their heads low incase they mutter something that could offend ,1984 were almost there <_<

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

bang on chesters, all this talk of "its only the extremests protesting" is getting me a little worried cause there seems to be a bloody lot of them, and not the few we keep hearing about on the news.

Never test the depth of water with both feet.

Stuff work go fishing.

This wasn't picked up by the mad mullas or the right for five months after he initial publication and had the muslims had the good sence to accept it for what it was (A Joke), none of us would ever have heared about it.

One thing I can guarentee though is that every bus shelter and lamp post in largly asian areas is going to be adorned with cartoon stickers inside of a month.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

Hi all

ken, the asians will be too busy mugging bus drivers to notice the posters on the shelter.

half the busses have bullet proof glass these days shows how bad scum has got in some places.

see any hoodies with there head down go the other way(hint, watch for bling reflections in the dark and white teeth.

:)

sg