stationaftersm.jpg

topbeforesm.jpg

topaftersm.jpg

My toy

Big toy

Real thing.

783652.jpg

783647.jpg

I have a few other bits that I'll post pictures of later.:)

Got a steam car to collect on Saturday and two tractors coming in the post from Ebay.

Never had the money in the past to buy toys like this so now I'm going mad on them. :D :D

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest sandpipper

Nice pictures ferret take me back to when i was 10yrs old and burning my fingers by picking the thing up,i used to confuse my perants by being clever enough to build one of these but to stupid to know not to pick it up when it was hot,lol

Errrrrrrrr, being the youngster that I am.............................................

What are they ????????????

:D:D:D:D

Ian

"If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving isn't for you"

Who's the guy with the yellow coat and no head, in the picture with the big green one?

Errrrrrrrr, being the youngster that I am.............................................

Edited by gozzer

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

Guest Ferret1959
Who's the guy with the yellow coat and no head, in the picture with the big green one?

You are mistaken, it's a high vis jacket and a pair of overalls hanging on the steering wheel. :D

If you missed out on Mamods, you missed out on a real gem.

Mamods were scaled down, fully working steam engines.

The bottom picture that ferret posted was made into the one that was the most popular selling one, I believe, but the range was vast and included staionary engines, too.

You used to fill them with water and then heat them using lit fuel blocks. As I said, they were fully functional and the moving ones had a steering column that screwed into the chimney bit.

What sort of money do they fetch these days, Ferret?

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

i just sold a TE1 traction engine to john storey for £25 as it was missing its canopy, you can still pick them up for reasonable money. its the burners that cost as they often get lost.

Guest Ferret1959

Elton, anything from £15, that's what I paid for the stationary engine up to over a ton for larger moving machines.

I have just bought a couple of trucks from Ebay that good bargains, just fired one up a few minutes ago and she runs sweet. :)

Got a Roadster car for £30, picking that up on Saturday.

Burners are only 6/7 quid and even a piston set is only about 8 quid so all in all a much cheaper hobby than fishing.:);)

bluetrucknsidesm.jpg

bluetrucknsidefrontsm.jpg

bluetruckoffsidesm.jpg

greentruckoffsidesm.jpg