Immigration

Tyke

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ahhhhhhh, now that's where the term village bike comes from then !

:D:D:D

Ian

"If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving isn't for you"

We're all immigrants, with the possible exception of the Celts :)

AND If we were able to trace our ancestors back far enough, we're all African!!!

Not only that but we are all the one race and it is Homo sapiens sapiens. The colour of ones skin is totally arbitrary and counts for zilch!

Edited by corydoras

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

Not only that but we are all the one race and it is [/i]Homo sapiens sapiens. The coour of ones skin is totally arbitrary and counts for zilch!

But unfortunately, that one race seems to be hard-wired to seek out, distrust, dislike and generally persecute "difference", wherever we find it. If this country was populated by nobody but "pure-bred Englishmen" (in the unlikely event of anyone being able to prove such a thing), there would still be as much prejudice, although the targets would be different ones.

I'm reminded of the charabanc outing in Laurie Lee's "Cider with Rosie", where, once the passengers are a few miles from home, the different appearence of the haycocks in the fields provokes howls of laughter and hoots of derision...

But unfortunately, that one race seems to be hard-wired to seek out, distrust, dislike and generally persecute "difference", wherever we find it. If this country was populated by nobody but "pure-bred Englishmen" (in the unlikely event of anyone being able to prove such a thing), there would still be as much prejudice, although the targets would be different ones.

I'm reminded of the charabanc outing in Laurie Lee's "Cider with Rosie", where, once the passengers are a few miles from home, the different appearence of the haycocks in the fields provokes howls of laughter and hoots of derision...

There's an old Yorkshire saying that seems to sum it up Davy, "All folk are queer except me and thee, and I'm none too sure about thee" :D

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

There's an old Yorkshire saying that seems to sum it up Davy, "All folk are queer except me and thee, and I'm none too sure about thee" :D

Shut it, yer *&!?*"^% Northerner! :)