what is a complicated rig?

Guest Josh Iddon

The magazines are always trotting this one out. My other favourite is 'travel light' - and said expert with a pile of gear on a barrow so he can go 'stalking'. Classic!

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Josh Iddon
The magazines are always trotting this one out. My other favourite is 'travel light' - and said expert with a pile of gear on a barrow so he can go 'stalking'. Classic!

Yeh lol that too!!!! :D:D:D

Nope. No way. I plan to get expert help on rigs & baits & tactics and then if I blank, to loudly blame the experts.

It may not put any fish on the bank but at least the yelling should help me keep warm. :lol:

rigs play an important part in carp fishing. beware though you could spend most of your time trying out all the new and complicated rigs out there , much better to use the simple rigs like the knotless knot or the same but with a line aliner (a small piece of shrink tube )these i would say account for the vast majorityof fish all over the country.Much better to spend your time brushing up on your watercaft and angling skills and bait application. these things catch you far more fish than the next best wonder rigs... tight lines and good luck on your next seasons angling...

You could learn a whole host of complicated rigs and amaze your friends with your technical rig prowess. :notworthy:

However, it's worth nothing without a bit of good old fashioned watercraft. Without a bit of watercraft you would be as well casting your beautifully crafted complicated rig down the high street, it would have as much of a chance of you catching. :nonono:

Learn to tie the All Purpose knot and you will absolutely amaze your friends.

all-purpose-knot.gif

all-purpose-knot-text.gif

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

The definition of a complicated rig?

Any rig that you can`t tie yourself and have to buy ready-made from a tackle shop. :rolleyes:

Any rig that you couldn`t explain exactly why you`re using it. :angry:

Any rig that you can`t remember the name of but that guy from IYCF said was good :blink:

wolf.gif