If commercials were the only fisheries left...

Anderoo

Pike's thread got me thinking. If the rivers were unfishable for whatever reason and the only lakes available to fish were commercial pools, what would you do? Go and enjoy it, as you do now? Go anyway and put up with it? Give up fishing?

I'm talking about purpose-dug lakes overstocked with a variety of fish available on a day ticket.

Think about the reality of it before responding.

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Go trotting breadflake for mullet, and lure-fishing for bass!

Sounds good to me, and one day I may even get around to doing it. :fish:

Got to be better than just fishing for bites on a commercial pool. :sad2:

Would still go but like Dave no where near as much.Ive had a couple of enjoyable days on commercials.Ive only ever gone to them when conditions have been poor for other venues.Just wouldnt want to fish them every day as I would soon get bored of them.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

I'd fish them, I think they may become a bit stale though.

The beauty of our sport is that we can chop and change where we choose to fish. River, lake, pond, canal, commercial fishery. We're spoilt for choice really.

I imagine if we only had commercial fisheries available, the anticipation, feeling of peace and relaxation and all other aspects associated with coarse fishing would soon diminish.

Don't get me wrong, they serve a purpose. Most are built close to good transport links, they have good facilities such as cafe's, toilets and tackle shops on site. There obviously is a demand for them, otherwise there wouldn't be so many.

Good for matches and bag up sessions but thank God for variety! :rolleyes:

Good question Anderoo, I do occasionally fish one or two of the commercial lakes in Kent as they tend to cater for the family and female anglers by way of toilets etc, Providing you dont get suckered into whacking out large baits on heavy rigs attatched to baitrunners and alarms they can give you an enjoyable day out,

That said if they were the only option I would follow Leon`s reccomendation or play more golf :D