Mad! I nearly started swearing !

Guest Ferret1959

Guest Ferret1959

Just waiting for the Duty Inspector to contact me now about my complaint.

If the wpc Lynch didn't know it was against the law then should it work both ways?

I dought it. :(

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest rabbit
Just waiting for the Duty Inspector to contact me now about my complaint.

If the wpc Lynch didn't know it was against the law then should it work both ways?

I dought it. :(

Watch out they may nick you for wasting police time, hope you like porridge :)

Guest Ferret1959
Watch out they may nick you for wasting police time, hope you like porridge :)

As it happens I've just got off the phone with the duty Inspector and he was sorry for them getting it wrong and would be dealing with wpc Lynch and educating her in a better aproach to some one reporting a crime in progress.

He has also to me that the local beat officers would be instructed to make regular visits to where the crime took place so in my book that's a result.

:)

Oh and I can't do porridge, it's to thick for my peg feed tube.:D :D :D

Guest rabbit
As it happens I've just got off the phone with the duty Inspector and he was sorry for them getting it wrong and would be dealing with wpc Lynch and educating her in a better aproach to some one reporting a crime in progress.

He has also to me that the local beat officers would be instructed to make regular visits to where the crime took place so in my book that's a result.

:)

Oh and I can't do porridge, it's to thick for my peg feed tube.:D :D :D

Yea sure!!

Reporting a crime in progress ''leaving a rod unattended'', great, now we can all relax :)

Now I know you are 'avin a larf'.

Yea sure!!

Reporting a crime in progress ''leaving a rod unattended'', great, now we can all relax :)

Now I know you are 'avin a larf'.

It might not be the unattended rod that's got the polices' interest, but the behaviour of the 'yobs'.

Not a bad thing if it keeps them away from the area, and stops them 'fishing'.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

Sorry but this is ridiculous - is sending a copper down the river a truly productive use of ones time....I can see why you feel it needed doing, but you cannot expect the police to enforce what are non-prosecutable cases -mainly- through laws which most anglers are not made aware of (many anglers don't know you cannot have an unattended rod - you don't get a rule book with your licence).

Back to needing an angling body again I'm afraid - an agency outside the ea to handle fishing matters, fishing legislation and enforcement. Take it off the EA all together and let someone else handle it.

Ian W

Let's get this into perspective. How busy are the Police nowdays? Run off their feet I suspect. Certainly busy enough that they can't attend burglaries, muggings and other serious crimes. Yet you expect them to drop everything and come running because someone has left a fishing rod unattended? Have a word! In an ideal world, there would be enough police to patrol river banks knicking anyone who broke the rules, but this isn't an ideal world.

I don't blame the WPC for laughing at you. If you had sort out the **** that she's used to sorting out, you'd probably have laughed too! And now you've gone and reported her and got her a ****ing. I bet she really loves anglers now.

I'm not saying the yobs were right, far from it, but there are ways and means. Couldn't you have reported it to the bailiff or someone ate the EA? I suppose if you hadn't f***ed off when the yobs told you, you could have reported the resulting assault.

DRUNK DRIVERS WRECK LIVES.

Don't drink and drive.

Dave I dont think I would have bothered the Police with it and would dearly like to say that the EA are the people to contact...however the response you got from both doesnt suprise me at all.

The EA really need to get their sh1t together on most things to do with angling.The general knowledge of a lot of their employees is very poor.As is their ability or (so it seems) interest in enforcing fishing bye laws etc.

Just a few things that Ive personnally had to back this up-

Asked three days on the trot for my licence by the same guy,on the same water Ardingly reservoir) and in the same swim.Fine you may say at least they are checking.....trouble was that three days on the trot I had to get him to ring up his boss's (er on my phone as well) to clarify that even though the water I was fishing did contain trout I didnt need a Migratory Trout licence!!

Asked for licence and threatend with legal action/confiscation of tackle for fishing during the Closed season.....whilst mullet fishing in the salt water (not tidal or brackish) reachs of the Rother.

Had a honourey bailiff climb over and break a fence on my own fishery.

Had another HB ask to see my rod licence even though I wasnt fishing (or indeed carrying any tackle) whilst I was checking syndicate tickets myself.I told him I wasnt fishing myself.The guy who was fishing said his licence was in the car and another lad sat with us produced his.He was happy with that!

Rang up EA on 15thJune to complain that a dozen or so people bivied up in the same area of the river as me were allready fishing.On my daughters life they said it didnt matter as it was 4 in the afternoon and the season started that night anyway!!!!

And above all in 40 years Ive only had to show my licence (in the correct way) twice I think!

(At the time NRA) fisherys worker nicking fish whilst carrying out "Fish surveys" and other "netting" operations.

Ringing up to report a major oxygen problem with resulting fish deaths (over 500 8lb+ Bream burried) to be told that no one from the fisheries rescue department were available......as they were all in a meeting........about under staffing in the department! TWO DAYS ON THE TROT

The general standard of the employees being more of a problem than any immigrant knocking a fish on the head for tea in my books.And why? I tell you why because despite the change from Southern Water to NRA to EA in my area alone the only thing thats changed has been the sign writing on the vans! the same people in general are in the same jobs! Fine with some of the good guys like John Cave for example but outrageous with some of the half wits and especially bailiffs at the sharp end.Been doing the same thing for nearly 30 years ie bugger all!

Like said before aint so much that the laws need changing just need enforcing.

Sorry rant over!

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

Guest Ferret1959

Ok so next time I'm down the river and see a young girl getting forked by some kiddy fiddler I'll walk by and do nowt.

Wasting me time on here I think.:(

Ok so next time I'm down the river and see a young girl getting forked by some kiddy fiddler I'll walk by and do nowt.

Wasting me time on here I think.:(

Get a grip mate, how can you compare that to a fishing rod left unattended?

DRUNK DRIVERS WRECK LIVES.

Don't drink and drive.