Mad! I nearly started swearing !

Guest Ferret1959

Guest tigger
It's a shabby effort by the EA. All they want is licence revenue, and really they do little to protect fish or anglers.

I totally agree with you there!!

At the end of the day i don't think it's a "crimminal offence" to leave a fishing rod unattended so the Bobbies could only give advice anyway.

They couldn't nick you for it and those people who gave Ferret a bit of verbal would just denie threatening him and that would be that, just a waste of Police time.

Tigger.

Edited by tigger

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Ferret1959
I totally agree with you there!!

At the end of the day i don't think it's a "crimminal offence" to leave a fishing rod unattended so the Bobbies could only give advice anyway.

They couldn't nick you for it and those people who gave Ferret a bit of verbal would just denie threatening him and that would be that, just a waste of Police time.

Tigger.

But at the end of the day the police did admit they handled it wrong and have done something about it so if I was wrong why are the police taking action?

How about a little old granny gets her handbag snatched?

She don't get hurt and there was only a fiver in the bag, do you ignore it?

or say a gang of East European men are catching carp and pike with long lines down your local river/fishery, ah just leave them they are only fishing.:(

I will carry on reporting anything out of order to protect my fishing rights!!! :schmoll::angry:

Guest Ferret1959
A bit like the person who phones the fire brigade because their cat's up a tree while a family on the other side of town burn in their home. Nice one.

Silly, silly Steve.

Never mind, sorry you feel that way but I don't care what you say I have my rights. :clap2::clap2::clap2:

Oh I'd poke the cat out the tree myself by the way. :yeah:

A bit like the person who phones the fire brigade because their cat's up a tree while a family on the other side of town burn in their home. Nice one.

You've got to having a laugh there Steve, there's quite a bit of difference between calling out the fire brigade, and getting the police to add another bit to their patrol area. That's what they're there for, to patrol the district, looking out for trouble spots. Not rushing out to every call thats made.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

Ferret , I think you need help with perspective mate, leaving a fishing rod un attended and being a kiddy fidler a just a little diferent.

You say your wasting your time on here and I would put you right, your obviously a wrongen!

BASS MEMBER

IGFA Member.

Supporting ethical angling practices and wise use and conservation of fishery resources!

SACN Member.

NFSA Member.

Getting confused by politics!

MY LIST IS LONGER THAN YOURS!

You've got to having a laugh there Steve, there's quite a bit of difference between calling out the fire brigade, and getting the police to add another bit to their patrol area. That's what they're there for, to patrol the district, looking out for trouble spots. Not rushing out to every call thats made.

When there are old ladies and kids being mugged and robbed, homes being burgled, young girls raped and young men stabbed, I know where I'd rather see the old bill. Walking along a river bank ticking off "nuisance" anglers isn't making the best of resources.

As with the cat up a tree scenario, some people can't see outside their own little bubble and, to them, even the most trivial thing is a matter of urgency.

In an ideal world we'd have enough coppers to do everything we want them to, but it's far from ideal mate.

DRUNK DRIVERS WRECK LIVES.

Don't drink and drive.

Guest Ferret1959
When there are old ladies and kids being mugged and robbed, homes being burgled, young girls raped and young men stabbed, I know where I'd rather see the old bill. Walking along a river bank ticking off "nuisance" anglers isn't making the best of resources.

As with the cat up a tree scenario, some people can't see outside their own little bubble and, to them, even the most trivial thing is a matter of urgency.

In an ideal world we'd have enough coppers to do everything we want them to, but it's far from ideal mate.

Who you calling mate?

I would rather you were not my mate.

You have your feelings and the rest of us have ours.

Ferret , I think you need help with perspective mate, leaving a fishing rod un attended and being a kiddy fidler a just a little diferent.

You say your wasting your time on here and I would put you right, your obviously a wrongen!

I don't quite understand that post, wrongen, what do you mean?

I understand what your saying Steve, but by being aware of the areas where 'yobs' hang out can help the police. It also makes a difference if the area is rural or urban, what passes as every day incidents to one, are a rarity in the other. The issue to me was not the unattended rod, but the people who left it there.

Ferret, I think Steve was replying to my post.

Edited by gozzer

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John