Rod License??

me

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ian, sorry I could not resist your challenge, :D 1 to re-invest in the future of sea angling.over to you :D

once you have responded with your ten I will struggle to think of another reason :P

Regards Tony.

"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted."

I wonder what proportion of our river fishing license is spent administering the issuing of licenses, checking licenses and collecting money? If we had sea fishing licenss it would end up with more employment for baliffs and administrators and not much invested in sea fish management, more's the pity.

East Hampshire Boat Anglers www.boat-angling.co.uk

it would be a tad expensive to get a cutter especially commisioned to check the anglers off Nab Tower :D never mind the offshore marks

[ 19. January 2004, 09:37 PM: Message edited by: chesters1 ]

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Nathan. I agree with you.

But will it stop the litter louts from getting piers closed to angling?

If a sea angling license, lead to more fishery patrol vessels, stopping Brixham trawlers raping the `Skerries` at night, blacked out. If it lead to the end of illegal netting. If it lead to local water authorities being banned from pumping raw sewage into our seas? YES!!! I`d buy one tomorrow.

So I`ll just save my money until it will pay for something useful?

:mad: Paul. :mad:

We don`t use J`s anymore!!

If Coarse anglers had to watch trawler boats going up and down the rivers and lakes netting out all the big carp and tench then they might be a little more reticent to hand over their licence money before settling down to catch the leftovers.

Sea Anglers contribute millions and millions of pounds to the UK economy - I'd be willing to contribute a little more in licence fees if our interests were given as much prominence as the commercial industry.

Ian I'll give you another reason- It would probably get piers re-built. There are 2 piers in North Wales. One of them used to be a popular spot for fishing. (The other still is). It used to have a fishing shop and used to be very smart. But over the years hasn't been looked after, now most of it is unsafe . So I think that there should be Sea fishing licenses so places like that will get re-done up and become a popular (Mackeral) fishing spot again... :D:P

Nathan

Genuine Taff

Probably...

quote:

Ian I'll give you another reason- It would probably get piers re-built. There are 2 piers in North Wales. One of them used to be a popular spot for fishing. (The other still is). It used to have a fishing shop and used to be very smart. But over the years hasn't been looked after, now most of it is unsafe . So I think that there should be Sea fishing licenses so places like that will get re-done up and become a popular (Mackeral) fishing spot again...

Now thats a good point young nathan, especially for a United fan :P

Regards Tony.

"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted."