Favourite Old Toys

Elton

i used to regularly blow up my action man, ingredients for gun powder were much easier to get hold of then.

metal detector gave me hours of fun, found some good stuff too.

anyone have a plasticraft set ? i put my guinea pig in that stuff, still got him.

heres some mamods for elton

toys001.jpg

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

they have made a model of the bus Mrs Becky & i used to catch into town.

toys003.jpg

the real one is still going & charges round the steam type fairs during the summer, will try to catch up with it to get my anglo bubble gum back from under the front seat at the top

My first trainset...the old man was a model railway fanatic and fabbed up an oval track with a Hornby engine and 2 carriages...the crafty old sod then purloined it the minute we didnt play with it for a nanosecond and used the bits in his layout!!

Scarred me for life that one..............

I too enjoyed maiming Action Man and making parachutes for him etc.

My sister once came back from a friends house to discover Action Man in the back of his tank with a naked Barbie! She wasn't amused and they weren't allowed to see each other again! :lol::o:wub::(

I also used to like star wars figures. I remember being deleighted when I got the Millenium Falcon for Xmas! I also asked all my relatives for storm troopers so I had a whole troop of about 20! Was gutted when I saw what figures and models were going for on ebay, and then found out my mum gave them all away when I left home. :angry:

www.myspace.com/boozlebear

Ferret's pics of his Mamod steam engines have got me thinking back to my childhood....

I used to love those, but was also mad on Scalextric. I'll never forget getting my first ever one on Christmas day and playing it until it overheated and cut out, before I'd even look at what else Santa may have brought!

Most of my other childhood 'toys' were fishing rods and reels, but what toy do you think sums up your early days?

Mamod and Scalextric were my favourites.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

Back in the distant past, before sir clive invented the ZX spectrum I had one of these

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Vintage-Philips-Vide...1QQcmdZViewItem

spent most of my life playing it!

and when I did venture out of the house, I went everywhere on one of these

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/A-MK-1-Raleigh-Tomah...1QQcmdZViewItem

Mat

Mat

OI OI

i also had a scalextric for christmas which i had to share with my brother fist time we got it out & set it up we argued over who was having which coulor car, dad was old school made us pack it back up & he gave it to the kid nexed door, that was the end of that christmas i can laugh NOW.

mom bought me a guitar for my 21st b/day still got that but never played it im now 55 & to old to learn.

son has bought scalextric for 9mth old grandaughter so we get it out now & again just to air it you understand lol.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::thumbs:

BILL.........nemo mortalium omnibus horis sapit,

ENGLAND & ST GEORGE, C,MON

BRUMMIE IN EXSILE..........yo aint sin me roite

... but never played it im now 55 & to old to learn.

Don't be daft, your never to old for anything in my book. I taught myself to speak french as an adult, you can learn the guitar if you really want to.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

Enjoyed chucking action men out of my bedroom window.......with his parachute of course! All went fine untill he got stuck on the roof!

Six million dollar man was ok too untill his bits fell out and fluff got stuck behind his bionic eye!

"Too weird to live, and too rare to die."

Guest Ferret1959
Enjoyed chucking action men out of my bedroom window.......with his parachute of course! All went fine untill he got stuck on the roof!

Six million dollar man was ok too untill his bits fell out and fluff got stuck behind his bionic eye!

You should have sent the six million dollar man on the roof to rescue action man.

Didn't you have a sense of adventure? :D :D