Sea Angler or Total Sea Fishing?

DoubleShotDamo

LOL Shall I call him this late and ask? Dave was round here the other night, looking well tanned and as lean as I've ever seen him.

The git :D

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just to give first impressions.....

I've flicked through each mag and read a few pages and they aren't bad so far! Compared to the car magazines I buy, they're cheaper, too.

One advantage I have is that I don't buy them regularly - a lot of people who do seem to expect the magazine to evolve alongside them. That just can't happen in paper format, I think. Some e-genius may come up with a way of doing it on the internet, one day.

The other problem that anyone faces is the fact that angling isn't exactly dynamic. Those of us who've fished with our dads won't be doing much different these days. It's just the way it is.

More to follow.....I hope :D

Just one thought: when I used to buy mags years ago, it was sometimes just for the adverts i.e. I wanted to buy something and wanted the best price. Do any of you do that now?

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Just to give first impressions.....

I've flicked through each mag and read a few pages and they aren't bad so far! Compared to the car magazines I buy, they're cheaper, too.

One advantage I have is that I don't buy them regularly - a lot of people who do seem to expect the magazine to evolve alongside them. That just can't happen in paper format, I think. Some e-genius may come up with a way of doing it on the internet, one day.

The other problem that anyone faces is the fact that angling isn't exactly dynamic. Those of us who've fished with our dads won't be doing much different these days. It's just the way it is.

More to follow.....I hope :D

Just one thought: when I used to buy mags years ago, it was sometimes just for the adverts i.e. I wanted to buy something and wanted the best price. Do any of you do that now?

:clap2: I don't but I've watched people in W.H. Smiths go through each mag writing things down, then putting the mag back so obviously some check the ads without buying the mag. :clap2:

LOL Shall I call him this late and ask? Dave was round here the other night, looking well tanned and as lean as I've ever seen him.

The git :D

:clap2: Because it was so late I didn't ring round either but no doubt there'll be something on here about it soon, or not. :clap2:

Doing a feature with TSF shortly with barny,had dave with me last year doing a feature nice guy hopefully at the backend of this week when the tides go slack we are going to do some inshore wrecking should be some cod on these wrecks with a bit of luck march can be a very good wrecking month for cod.

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

TSF seem to be right behind all the concervation issues, where as Sea Angler seem to be less interested!

I think this to be a pitty being as they are our flag ship sea angling magerzine!

BASS MEMBER

IGFA Member.

Supporting ethical angling practices and wise use and conservation of fishery resources!

SACN Member.

NFSA Member.

Getting confused by politics!

MY LIST IS LONGER THAN YOURS!

I don't think that there's a lot to choose between them. I don't buy either of them on a regular basis. I just buy one when there's an article about something I'm interested in. You're right about the sea angler how it used to be. Of course there were a lot more fish about years ago, but also the calibre of the writers was far better too in my honest opinion.

The ads are an important part of the magazines finances unfortunately. With RSA taking off and more anglers to catch, the tackle companies are prepared to pay for more advertising than they used to and the magazines are happy for the extra income it generates.

Whats RSA steve ?

Someone once said to me "Dont worry It could be worse." So I didn't, and It was!

انا آكل كل الفطائر

I made a vow today, to never again argue with an Idiot they have more expieriance at it than I so I always seem to lose!

DOH !

Cheers mate :)

Someone once said to me "Dont worry It could be worse." So I didn't, and It was!

انا آكل كل الفطائر

I made a vow today, to never again argue with an Idiot they have more expieriance at it than I so I always seem to lose!

Was talking to the guys at TSF yesterday Darren taylor is the new editor dave has left and barny is now the depurty editor .

Sea angler have made a massive balls up with the whitby adds this month some very angry people.

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

Was talking to the guys at TSF yesterday Darren taylor is the new editor dave has left and barny is now the depurty editor .

Sea angler have made a massive balls up with the whitby adds this month some very angry people.

I don't think the Whitby skippers are alone there BC, i've heard nothing but bad things about their Ad's department, just have a read through here, you need to scroll down slightly.

http://www.deepsea.co.uk/forum/fishy_forum.htm

Theres quite a few skippers up in arms about the treatment they get.

Scotty

No Luck This Time..............Roll On Next Time