Coming in to land

Guest Jaybee

Fantastic shot Jabee! you will have to come on my next trip to the Donana or Ebro Delta lots and lots of herons there including Purple and Squacco.

Tony

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Jaybee
Damn fine shot indeed, and so good in fact, that as sponsor of the AnglersNet photo forum, I'm offering you a free mug printed with that image on.

I'm keeping my eye out for special images throughout this forum and will be making suprise 'awards' as the year goes by.

Please email a high res version of the image and your address to the following: sales@theprintbiz.com and we will produce your mug and forward it on :)

Very kind of you Patrick - needs to be a big mug for the amount of coffee I drink :)

I'll email you details of where you can download a 300dpi, max quality jpg.

Thank again

Brilliant shot :clap::clap:

Herons and owls to me are the most interestings birds we have on our shores .That has got to be the most detail i have ever seen on a heron in a pic or in the flesh.

Well Done :clap2:

Regards Paul Mc

Damn fine shot indeed, and so good in fact, that as sponsor of the AnglersNet photo forum, I'm offering you a free mug printed with that image on.

I'm keeping my eye out for special images throughout this forum and will be making suprise 'awards' as the year goes by.

Please email a high res version of the image and your address to the following: sales@theprintbiz.com and we will produce your mug and forward it on :)

What a great gesture mate top bloke :thumbs:

Cracking picture Jaybee hope to see many more in the future and if there all as good as that one im happy :D The quality of some of the pics of late going onto the forum is emazing......keep them coming Jaybee and all!!

Ollie.

You can view my photo album @.... olliejays photo album

Jaybee, I can't think of words suitable to describe your Heron pic. I appreciate how you worked for it (nothing comes without some effort) and also appreciate your choice of location.

What I liked most though, was that you were prepared to adapt to the conditions and the birds behaviour and end up with a super shot.

I spend a LOT :) of time looking at bird shots on several forums and yours ranks with the VERY VERY best I have seen.

Thankyou for sharing it :)

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

Guest Jaybee

Thanks for the kind words one and all.

They add to the pleasure of taking the photo.

Jaybee, I can't think of words suitable to describe your Heron pic. I appreciate how you worked for it (nothing comes without some effort) and also appreciate your choice of location.

What I liked most though, was that you were prepared to adapt to the conditions and the birds behaviour and end up with a super shot.

I spend a LOT :) of time looking at bird shots on several forums and yours ranks with the VERY VERY best I have seen.

Thankyou for sharing it :)

Den

Oh there are some very good bird photographers out there Den and I don't even come close to some of their worst shots. :) but your praise is gratefully accepted.

Guest Jaybee
The shot of that Heron has just blown me away...it's fantastic.

Beats me how the skill required can be described as 'pretty basic really'

Ah but your from Cleveland so maybee I should have put "nigh on impossible" :)

For those of us forunate to be from Durham it was pretty much a straight forward shot :) :)

By pretty basic I simply meant it isnt technically difficult to get a shot like that - as long as you focus on the bird early enough, keep it in focus and keep your finger pressed down on the camera (in continuous/burst mode) your gonna be unlucky not to get a very useable image.

This was just a lucky shot in that the bird was sticking its legs out for the third frame.

If there is anything that is fundamental in this or any bird/animal shot it is to get the eye in focus at all costs.

If you manage that then its 99% guaranteed the shot is going to be decent.