Annual skate trip

Ian Burrett

:lol:

Nice report - my turn in June with Davy :)

Make sure you get plenty of training Snatcher, and I don't mean to the right arm :lol::lol:

You call the Mull of Galloway, God's own country but its pretty special round here.

Visibility has been poor the last three days, as it has peed down most the time. When we first arrived the place looked stunning as the all the mountain tops were covered in snow. The Red deer have wandered down off the mountains to feed and the place is crawling with them. We still haven;t seen the eagles yet as the cliffs tops have constantly been in cloud.

I hope you catch a fish when you come up Snatcher, but believe me, the scenery and the wildlife is the buzz uphere and the fish are just a bonus.

Shame about the nightlife though. Theres only a couple of locals bothering to turn out most nights. Having said that, Christine's singing at the Loch Aline club and finishing with the karaoki on Friday night which also happens to be my birthday. A good night shall be had by all and i will probably end up making an axxe of myself on the Karaoki. I need 8 pints to get the confidence to sing the first song as i have an awful voice. after 10 pints she can;t get the mike off me :lol::lol:

It was good to see you and your good lady a fortnight ago. and see you soon down at the Mull

www.ssacn.org

www.tagsharks.com

www.onyermarks.co.uk

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol:

Make sure you get plenty of training Snatcher, and I don't mean to the right arm :lol::lol:

You call the Mull of Galloway, God's own country but its pretty special round here.

Visibility has been poor the last three days, as it has peed down most the time. When we first arrived the place looked stunning as the all the mountain tops were covered in snow. The Red deer have wandered down off the mountains to feed and the place is crawling with them. We still haven;t seen the eagles yet as the cliffs tops have constantly been in cloud.

I hope you catch a fish when you come up Snatcher, but believe me, the scenery and the wildlife is the buzz uphere and the fish are just a bonus.

Shame about the nightlife though. Theres only a couple of locals bothering to turn out most nights. Having said that, Christine's singing at the Loch Aline club and finishing with the karaoki on Friday night which also happens to be my birthday. A good night shall be had by all and i will probably end up making an axxe of myself on the Karaoki. I need 8 pints to get the confidence to sing the first song as i have an awful voice. after 10 pints she can;t get the mike off me :lol::lol:

It was good to see you and your good lady a fortnight ago. and see you soon down at the Mull

Yes Ian I bet the place is stunning. If I get to see golden eagles and sea otters I will be made up. Catching a skate will be a bonus though. Enjoy your birthday Ian,moderation NOT being the theme :) Back over to the Mull a week on Friday and hope to fish with Andrew,Caitlin and Kyle.

Wishing you all the best in your quest for 200+ skate :) Tight lines Ian :)

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

Hiya,

Snatcher, The Golden shouldn't be too difficult to get you, though we are more likely to see White tails.. the otters will probably be the hardest one to get for you.. they never show when you want them to :)

Ian, you have a PM re the Eagles.

Davy

"Skate Anglers Have Bigger Tackle"

Hiya,

Ian, you have a PM re the Eagles.

Trouble is Davy. I don't see to well in the morning because of the herbal remedies i take in my diet. Will be fishing in their territory tomorrow as forcast is NW20's

Wednesday's forecast is SW gales. I would have tried the loch which shall not be named. but i have sat in their a few times with horizontal rain and found the fishing dier. I might have to have a pre birthday practise drink

www.ssacn.org

www.tagsharks.com

www.onyermarks.co.uk

Well I got the all clear from the Mrs so it looks like Loch Aline for easter :thumbs::thumbs: A few minor details to sort out, like a trailer, a drain bung, an engine service oh and a crew ;)

Any Volunteers...only those with a freezer full of mackrel need apply :sun:

Dave

Save Our Sharks Member

www.save-our-sharks.org

Happy Birthday Ian Hope you have a good night hope you get me some Tope in june

Yes Ian hope it went well. Tope for me in July as well please :)

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Yes Ian hope it went well. Tope for me in July as well please :)

Thanks for the birthday wishes

Had a great night In fact the last five nights have been party time. I haven't been in bed before 2.30 for 5 nights and up at 7 for the fishing. The anglers come up in holiday mood and it would be unsociable not to join them for a pint or three.

I am determined to have a quiet one tonight as i have am suffering from last night. Must have been a bad pint :lol::lol:

Regards the fishing We lost most of tuesday and all of Wednesday due to crap weather I had three Skate on Thurday and Friday and just one today.

Orca alias Linda will be celebrating now. she had a PB of 180 pounds today on catchlaot off Daveys normal mark.

We had the golden and white tailed sea eagles flying above the boat to day. and saw the sun for only the second time in 10 days.

Must go bed calls

Edited by Ian Burrett

www.ssacn.org

www.tagsharks.com

www.onyermarks.co.uk

Thanks for the birthday wishes

Had a great night In fact the last five nights have been party time. I haven't been in bed before 2.30 for 5 nights and up at 7 for the fishing. The anglers come up in holiday mood and it would be unsociable not to join them for a pint or three.

I am determined to have a quiet one tonight as i have am suffering from last night. Must have been a bad pint :lol::lol:

Regards the fishing We lost most of tuesday and all of Wednesday due to crap weather I had three Skate on Thurday and Friday and just one today.

Orca alias Linda will be celebrating now. she had a PB of 180 pounds today on catchlaot off Daveys normal mark.

We had the golden and white tailed sea eagles flying above the boat to day. and saw the sun for only the second time in 10 days.

Must go bed calls

Well done Ian and Linda :) Hope to "pop my cherry" with the skate and tope this year. Been invited to Sandras birthday bash at the Clash next weekend :headhurt:

I am sure I will be tucked into bed at 10.30 that night ! :P

Looking forward to your next report matey :)

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair