Annual skate trip

Ian Burrett

Yes Ian the forecasts nowadays can be very difficult. This is especially the case for skippers and for the people like me who plan the trips and negotiate with the skippers.

I actually had some of the boys on the phone suggesting that it would be a waste of time going up !!! , however we went and it was like a millpond at times and no worse than a force 3 at worst !!!

Hope to see you at Easter

Peter :)

A bad days fishing is better than a good day at the office. Tight lines all.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hiya Ian,

Hi Peter

That's some day. It's funny how the big females seem to have gone of the feed. We generaly catch approximatley one male to four females but the figures are the other way round at the moment.[/qoute]

back in the early to mid 90ies, it was quite Common to get more males than females at this time of year. It only started to change around the late 90ies to more Females than males. I've always thought the change was down to the number of deep hooked fish that were being caught and not surviving the encounter due to internal organ damage. Now we are getting fewer deep hooked fish the numbers of skate about seem to be on the increase again.

On Saturday I kept looking at the sea state and listening to the bad forecasts and thinking shall I go for it or not. I couldn't tellyou publicly what I's like to do to the weather forecasters

When it comes to up there I just ignore the forecasters altogether as they are very very seldom any where near the actual conditions. :(

Edited by Davy Holt

Davy

"Skate Anglers Have Bigger Tackle"

We had 2 at 214 pounds last year but the biggest was from a certain loch and if I give the name will have to kill you which was way off the old charts and a foot deep. This fish dwarfed thew 214's

aye ian i still laugh at that video :lol::lol: and another thanks to you for having to suffer my pressence for four days there :P:P good trip yet again !! :):)

millpond at times and no worse than a force 3 at worst !!!

Hope to see you at Easter

Peter :)

You up there Easter weekend Peter?

"To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first, and call whatever you hit the target."

any room for a little un, seems no one invited me :( yeppers everyone so busy inviting each other they forgot about me....... erm Nick did they remember you???

Edited by Orca
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

aye ian i still laugh at that video :lol::lol: and another thanks to you for having to suffer my pressence for four days there :P:P good trip yet again !! :):)

Hi Guy

Thanks for looking after spike and I with the scran. As alway I enjoyed the lads company particuarly tje lads jamming on the guitars. Did you get your knickers back? :lol::lol: (That will get people wondering)

Had three today in the middle but still no biggies. Best went 142

It sounds like the easter weekend could be heep big party. Let us know if your coming and I weill see what beds available at the house

www.ssacn.org

www.tagsharks.com

www.onyermarks.co.uk