Older Generation 4x4's

Elton

RIGHT THAT'S IT.

I have tried to be reasonable and hold a reasoned discussion based on experiance and common sense but this has obviously failed!

I will now prove my case by reference to old African Folk Law as still told by many wise men in that Continent.

One day a Rhino is walking along a trail when he hears a quiet voice say "Help me, help me please" after investigation he sees a hole with a mouse at the bottom.

"What's wrong?" says the Rhino.

"I am stuck down this hole and cannot get out" replies the mouse.

At which point the Rhino places his frame over the hole and lowers his penis down telling the mouse to get hold of it, The Mouse takes hold of the penis and as the rhino stands the mouse is hoisted to safety.

"I cannot thank you enough" exclaims the mouse, "you have saved my life and you will be rewarded for I am King of all mice on the planet, your reward may not be today but I can assure you it will come to you and you will be repaid for your kindness...."

The Rhino goes about his business.

Many Moons later the Mouse is walking along a trail and he hears "Help me, help me I am stuck!" he goes over to a hole and peering over the edge he sees the Rhino stuck at the bottom. "Do not fear my friend says the Mouse, for you have saved me and I told you that someday your reward will come"

With this the Mouse squats over the hole and lowers his penis towards the Rhino. Obviously this has no effect and the Rhino says "Thank you for your help but I fear you cannot help me"

"Wait a while" says the King of the Mice, "your debt will be repaid."

The King of the Mice goes away and a short while later returns with a JEEP and a rope.

Lowering the rope into the hole the King of all mice tells the Rhino to hold on, gets into the Jeep and pulls the Rhino from the hole saving his life.

The moral of the story is............................

People who drive JEEP's have small willies :P

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People who drive JEEP's have small willies :P

Hmmmm...might have to get a Jeep, then :(

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

he Jeep is every bit as off-road capable as any land rover...period. Note..I did not say MORE capable...but just AS capable.

Im not too sure about that. The ground clearance looks a wee bit low. Elton also asked for something cheap and jeeps are not exactly inexpensive over here.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

Elton,

maybe you should consider a good secondhand 3X3 now :Phttp://www.landroverpushchairs.co.uk/

OMG - I wouldn't have believed they existed without that link!!!!!

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

all you have to do to expose landy 109's as unreliable and not so hot on or off the road is look at oz one time it was 80% landies now 2% and how many do you spot in the pari-dakar ,in snow or icy conditions they are a deathtrap (the short wheelbases are better) get the brake hubs wet and you lose them for days(only standing on them for miles dries them out) the advantage is you can fill them to the top of the front seat with dung as theres nothing to ruin ,once its emptied you can wash it out with a hose .

any gearbox problems cost money as they cannot be dropped like most gearboxes due to bad design.

the standard diesel engines couldnt pull a pram and the 2.4 petrol is fitted to both the short and long wheelbase ,it cant pull the short so is laughable in the long :D

yes it can be fixed by dark chaps at the roadside using ex spears and ploughs to fashion spares but youl find them a bit scarce in blighty :rolleyes:

if you think of a v8 transplant throw the landy away and use the intended doner it will be worth it in the long run :D

landrover hardly changed the design since the 50's ,overhead valves replaced sidevalves and better axels were used but ground clearence still revolved around the rear diff once that got grounded its curtains ,frames rot and are only noticed when your springs rip out and who can ignore that transmission whine (fit a loud radio) there ok for play toys but as a road vehicle as good as a motorbike pulling a safe full of lead.

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

all you have to do to expose landy 109's as unreliable and not so hot on or off the road is look at oz one time it was 80% landies now 2% and how many do you spot in the pari-dakar ,in snow or icy conditions they are a deathtrap (the short wheelbases are better) get the brake hubs wet and you lose them for days(only standing on them for miles dries them out) the advantage is you can fill them to the top of the front seat with dung as theres nothing to ruin ,once its emptied you can wash it out with a hose .

any gearbox problems cost money as they cannot be dropped like most gearboxes due to bad design.

the standard diesel engines couldnt pull a pram and the 2.4 petrol is fitted to both the short and long wheelbase ,it cant pull the short so is laughable in the long :D

yes it can be fixed by dark chaps at the roadside using ex spears and ploughs to fashion spares but youl find them a bit scarce in blighty :rolleyes:

if you think of a v8 transplant throw the landy away and use the intended doner it will be worth it in the long run :D

landrover hardly changed the design since the 50's ,overhead valves replaced sidevalves and better axels were used but ground clearence still revolved around the rear diff once that got grounded its curtains ,frames rot and are only noticed when your springs rip out and who can ignore that transmission whine (fit a loud radio) there ok for play toys but as a road vehicle as good as a motorbike pulling a lead safe

Yes Chesters, but would you buy one?

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

Hi all

so chesters ,i didnt help with the rot !!:)when i slammed the gas pedal and rear spun round a tree on full lock without hitting the tree.:)but staying almost as i started.

what fun:)

sg

id buy a landy but with chunky tyres and chrome chrome chrome:):)

actually id have a toyota pickup and have it raised with chunky tyres:)

Edited by billy5000

Yes Chesters, but would you buy one?

no 2 are enough for 1 lifetime :D

it was the top of the series3 pile, full safari and all the trimmings ,unfortunatly just dead weight for it to pull around :(

it did manage though to tear the front out of next doors landy getting it out of a bog with the winch :headhurt:

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson