H.R.H and

Andrew

HM the Queen is in Glasgow and she bumped into Alex Salmond.

HM: How nice to see you Mr Salmond.

AS: Nice to see you Ma’am. Now, what are we going to call Scotland when we win Independence ? How about calling it a Kingdom, and then I’ll be a King?

HM: No, we don’t like that.

AS: Empire, and I'll be Emperor?

HM: No.

AS: All right, so how about calling it a Principality, and then I’ll be a Prince?

HM: No, Mr Salmond, I suggest we call it a Country and you can carry on as you are. Salmond

• Like 1

"La conclusión es que los insultos sólo perjudican cuando vienen de alguien que respeto". e5006689.gif

“Vescere bracis meis”

e5002846.gif purrrrrrrrrrr

• Like 1

"La conclusión es que los insultos sólo perjudican cuando vienen de alguien que respeto". e5006689.gif

“Vescere bracis meis”

Classic LOL

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Someone will need to spell the joke out to me. If it had been a YES vote then Lizzie would still have been the Queen of Scots. She sat on the Stone of Destiny at her coronation. An independant Scotland would not have changed that fact. She would still have been the sovereign and the Defender of the Faith.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

Some golf clubs have a special membership scheme for non-local golfers, called country-membership.

Often used by golfers who take an annual golfing holiday somewhere.

One such golfer arrived for his holiday, parked as near the bar door as possible, strode in and demanded a double-scotch.

"Excuse me, sir, but this is a members only club", said the steward, "so I can't serve you, and by the way you have parked your car in the lady captain's space"

"Well, I'm not moving it" said the golfer, "and you mind your manners my lad, or I'll report you to the secretary. Just get me my drink, I AM a member, I'm a country member"

"Oh yes, sir" said the steward abjectly, "yes, I remember"

• Like 2

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...

had to read it twice to spot the pun,very good .

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Someone will need to spell the joke out to me. If it had been a YES vote then Lizzie would still have been the Queen of Scots. She sat on the Stone of Destiny at her coronation. An independant Scotland would not have changed that fact. She would still have been the sovereign and the Defender of the Faith.

was it all premeditated (shock horror) we returned the stone so i presume madge is the last english sovereign that can show she rules scotland by plonking her arse on it.

strange its significance as far as i know (and happy to be corrected) the stone authenticity (or lack of it?) only came into the headlines a couple of hundred years ago so of little historical value,?the earlier references are certainly about a stone from scone but are the two the same?

it has enough power in the scots eye to be another stone from the quarry to replace a lost or hidden original from the english aspect of power over the scots

the original importer only had to say the stone was the original one and who at the time would or could disprove it?

its the sandstone version of the shroud of turin

Edited by chesters1