A little Survey On How Much Gear You Take To The Bank!

Crackin Clax

Lets Begin!  

213 members have voted

1. 1. Do you carry your gear to the lake or use a trolley

• Trolley
    • Carry It
  2. 2. Do you perch yourself on a seat box or a chair?

• Chair
    • Seatbox
  3. 3. Do you prefer travelling light or taking the entire collection?

• Light
    • Lifting the entire garage to the bank

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The gear I take is extremely light literally one backpack, 1 rod, bit of bait, few beers.

I try to go fishing where few others go, I sit on my empty bag (water proof) ohh I take a flask too. Close to the water, low down you wouldn’t know I was there.

I just can’t be bothered with the gear anymore. Just simple old fashion fishing Me vs fish.

I do a bit of spinning sometimes pike and perch.

I wouldn’t mind a go at beach casting sometime on a very deserted beach, I might look into holidays for that.

Nomax5

I have a website

VotedTop Website Charts

I take my box to be comfortable, the side platform keeps bits tidy. Net bag contains bait, pole rollers and groundbait.

Rod bag, apart from the obvious holds net handle, bank sticks and brolly.

If I'm planning a full day I take everything to cater for most evenualitites.

The opposite - I'm taking my son on a local pond tonight so will pack one rod/reel, one bankstick and rest a net and handle and a groundbait mixing bowl with bits and bobs.

Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail

I take everything including the kitchen sink (carper) but now due to ill health i'm going to have to go as light as possible. :)

With my silken line and delicate hook,i wander in a myriad of ripples and find freedom!

3 of us going to Ireland at the begining of September for 10 days and we need a transit van (just so we dont forget anything! What happened to tying your rod to the crossbar of your bike reel etc in a little rucksack and away I'd go for the day.

Must stop buying things :huh:

• 2 months later...

I take it all, as i usally fish the day, and dont want to not have the gear if one method is not working.

and if fishing is hard on a paticular day, i love to experiment and learn new set ups, a bit of practice you might call it.

sean

woman want me, fish fear me

I take it all, as i usally fish the day, and dont want to not have the gear if one method is not working.

and if fishing is hard on a paticular day, i love to experiment and learn new set ups, a bit of practice you might call it.

sean

I used to ride my bike to river when I lived in Ireland, carry bait and hooks/ weights in my pocket. Now it seems I need everything I own to go fishing. Every season I tell myself to make a real effort in cutting down on my gear , but I just don't carry it through. I 'd better take this and this etc. just in case .............

An angler is a man who spends rainy days sitting around on muddy banks doing nothing because his wife won't let him do it at home.

Cut it down or you will regret it in later life. If you really can't cut it down then use a bit of sense about how you carry it. The army makes soldiers carry 75lb packs but I doubt if they would ever sling a box with 50lb in it across someone's shoulder! Get a trolley or, if you are more specimen minded, a proper rucksack that puts the weight on your hips. I know a few guys who now never get closer to fishing than watching it on Sky because of back trouble!

I'm determined to keep cutting down, down, deeper and down. I've also just made a (pretty obvious, on reflection) discovery. My rucksack that is large enough (I'm guessing about 40 litres - it's not one of the really huge ones) to fit all my tackle in along with extra clothes, food, bait, cameras etc etc weighs a ton when empty! :angry: No wonder that however much I cut back in my attempts to travel light my back and shoulders still ache.

Derek