133 members have voted

1. 1. Would you eat coarse fish?

• Yes.
    • No.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Once in a blue moon. Strangely though, I had a Seafood Thermidor (shellfish) in a restaurant just last night.

Might take a few bass, possibly a sole if I can locate them this year.

Wouldn't mind a Thornback in the next few weeks if I can get the boat out.

Pray tell.

"Absolutely not. It sets a very dangerous trend that will if adopted by enough anglers destroy many a productive water. "

Easy buddy, wont be any fish left in sea, will there ;)

no way would i eat them,some places as a lot of crap in the water and canals ive seen people dumping stuff

so my answer no

You mean just like the sea then spud ?

Argyll, I hope that live bait was lightly hooked through the lip, and gently swung in to the water.

And now you're going to release it, unharmed of course. ;)

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

Didn't have your 'eating teeth' in then Gerry?

:clap:

Despite being quite catholic in my tastes (er you got to be to reach 25 Stone!) I draw the line at eating whole fried bleak like the French do! When you think about the crap them foriegners eat eh? :o:D

As Ive said Ive eaten Carp (not impressed but did it just to rebel against the Crap Yobs really) Also had Pike (from a trout reservoir and made into fish cakes with cheese and garlic sauce yum) and Catfish in Spain (Ive eat worse! but then you should try my Mrs's Lasagne :yucky: )

Each time Ive tried freshwater fish Ive sort of felt that it was only right as a lifetime angler to do so at least once.Strange you may think.

I have though NEVER EVER been tempted to try the bream or roach I often used to see on German market stalls though!

If I actually really liked any of these fish would I kill them regularly to eat? Honestly I dont know.Maybe I would adopt a similar attitude to what I do with cod, I like cod and when they were plentiful I happily killed any that I damaged whilst catching whilst returning many more others.Yet Bass (even though great to eat) I have always in general returned.Yes if I had a liking for Perch I think I would be happy taking the occaisional fish of a sensible size.By sensible I mean a good eating size and a size which was plentifull in the waters I targeted.As such I cant really critisise thoughs who do.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

You mean just like the sea then spud ?

Argyll, I hope that live bait was lightly hooked through the lip, and gently swung in to the water.

And now you're going to release it, unharmed of course. ;)

..only after keeping it in my super deluxe man size keepnet for the afternoon...just to make sure that it had recovered. :)

'I've got a mind like a steel wassitsname'

no way would i eat them,some places as a lot of crap in the water and canals ive seen people dumping stuff

Spud,Gozzers right mate you want to see the crap thats dumped in to the sea! Yet to see that sort of stuff dumped in even my local cannal! :angry:

Many years ago I used to run several strings of eel nets off the local beachs.Always spent far more time emptying all the nappies,plastic cups,tampons,condoms,plastic bags (often containing faceas,dead dogs/cats) etc etc than getting the catch out.Ever seen a cross channel ferry unloading all its rubbish in port? No cause its all dumped at sea.

Whilst out on my old trawler I saw barges dumping dead cows,drums of God knows what,even barges just full of rubbish.................oh BTW this wasnt just out at sea :angry: often in estuarys such as the Medway and Thames.

Maybe whats left of the North sea Cod grounds are cleaner but not all your "fresh local fish" comes from that far away does it :yucky:

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!