Vic Bellars

Bruno Broughton

Sad to have to inform everyone of the death of Vic Bellars, one of the nicest anglers it has been my pleasure to meet and get to know.

Vic's enthusiasm was infectuous, and he was a fine, both innovative angler to boot. The PAC would not be what it is today without his hand on the tiller during some of its most crucial years.

Bruno Broughton

bruno.broughton@virgin.net

Edited by Bruno Broughton

Bruno

www.bruno-broughton.co.uk

'He who laughs, lasts'

It's always sad when one of the great anglers passes on. I hope the Pike fishing is good, wherever he is.

RIP Vic... :(

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...

Sad indeed, I hope I retain my enthusiasm for fishing for as long as Vic Bellars did.

'In pursuit of Esox Lucius' remains one of my favourite Pike books, a really good read.

Peter.

The loose lines gone..STRIKE.

Sad news ineed! Vic was one of the most innovative anglers I've come across - a true thinking angler in fact. Amongst his many contributions was an excellent chapter for The Book of the Perch. He'll certainly be missed!

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

I have only ones meet him together with martin page and dave plummer but it was a great angler and he means a lot for the angling scene and the predator for most

'old fishermen never died they just smell that way '

gr jerry

And as finishing touch

god created the dutch

Never met the man personally, but that does NOT stop me from passing on my condolences to his family. And it's always the goodun's who die young isn't it!!

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

The following was posted by his son, Rick, on the UKSWFF forum ( http://ukswff.proboards26.com/index.cgi?bo...read=1145013505 )

"Hope you good fellows will allow me the indulgence of the following post.

VIC BELLARS 13/05/1921 to 13/04/2006.

Some of you may have heard of, known or indeed had the pleasure of fishing with my father Vic. He sadly passed away on Maunday Thursday and will be fishing the sea of tranquility as I write.

Vic fished as soon as he could hold a rod. His love of nature and all things piscatorial have luckily been passed to me.

As a thinking Angler his innovative ideas for himself and later the tackle trade helped many, as did the many articles and books that he either wrote or contributed to. He was actively involved with the Pike Anglers club of great Britain for some years where he made notable contributions. Colin Dyson referred to him as "the Peter Pan of angling" and he was affectionately called "Vic the rig" due to his ability to find solutions to angling problems including bait presentation. He was the definitive angler

He once told me that I needed two pieces of information to have a successful day. "Enjoy yourself" and " you will never catch a fish without your bait in the water"

He was not consumed by the capture of large fish, as these were merely a by product of being out on the water and being one with nature. A lesson to us all.

His family and the angling world will miss him.

And if you're looking over my shoulder, "See you later Dad I'm going fishing."

Rick"