Photo challenge # 11 Water

paul mc

Though not much of a photographer myself, I look forward to each competition on here. All have produced some excellent pictures. I maybe biased because of my affinity with watery subjects through angling, but I believe you all have excelled yourselves with this challenge. Congratulations to you all, I wouldn't like to be a judge on this one.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't believe HB and I didn't enter this one, the possibilities were endless and the chances to be creative innumerable, very disappointed and annoyed with our laziness and lack of motivation.

Glad I wasn't the judge though, there is no way I could pick just three, but if I was absolutely forced to they would be the Top 3 in my list of favourites.

Hill Stream - by Cameraman, absolutely exquisite.

Dripping Tap - by Rabster, that drop is so perfect.

Face in the Water - by Pass the Biscuits, just because.

We're New Here - by Matt Hillman, so serene and calm.

Water off a Ducks Back - by Rabster, at last you get to post a photo of a bird in a comp.

Really liked Mr Wigglys - ladybug floating on a rubber glove as well (removed)

There is no doubt I like a quirky style as in Pass the Biscuits and Rabsters work but what an incredible selection of photos, can this Comp get any better!!

Well Done everyone and Good Luck to the Finalists.

Tracy.

Edited by TubularBelle
I hate getting up early, I didn't even realise there were two 6 o'clocks in one day!

Some very good shots here ... This comp is getting harder !!!! <_<<_<

Nice to see some black and whites included.

Well done everyone !!!! :clap2::clap2:

I though about submitting this one .... but changed my mind !!

PLAYTIME

-----------------

Playtime2-s.jpg

Edited by MrWiggly

The Older I get .. The better I was.

I liked Rabsters - Dripping Tap shot best, nice use of the camera ... good bokeh, nice and sharp main subject, caught a nice drip, and the shot is well composed.

Well done.

Gillies

Edited by Gillies

tha fis agam a bhe iasg nuth dunidh sasain!

www.gilliesmackenzie.com

Gozzer, - just take some pics and stick 'em in the comp.

Gillies, - bokeh ? - sorry, with the best will in the world I can't work that one out.

Wigglyone - I've left dozens on the cutting room floor for this one.

Here's a couple that didn't get chosen.

(That's not dirt on the lens, it's a distant Marsh harrier )

redx2310filtered5ag.jpg

2298crop7ft.jpg

redx23239ml.jpg

Well done to eveyone who entered it was really hard picking three, i felt that there was at least one picture from everybody who entered that could of made the final 3( and i mean that sincerely) but after much deliberation i choose the three up for the vote.

I think these comps are coming on great now and its really hard to pick sometimes.

:thumbs:

I just wish i had more time at moment to get out with the camera myself :angry: but hopefully with the light nights i can squeeze some more time in behind my camera.

Edited by paul mc
Regards Paul Mc

I though about submitting this one .... but changed my mind !!

PLAYTIME

-----------------

Playtime2-s.jpg

It's a shame you didn't enter that one Wriggly, it's a cracker. - also, your other entry "Self Portrait" was my favourite for this challenge, what a superb effect, it would make a good desktop wallpaper.

I'm made up to see my garden tap has made the top three as it's one of the few shots I've taken when I bothered to use a tripod. :)

Well done to all those who entered & to the two other finalists. :sneaky2::boxing: