Privacy

BoozleBear

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

METHINKS THAT 0911 NUMBER MAY BE A PREMIUM CHARGE LINE. IT COULD COST YOU TO BE DELETED

0911 is a premium line code.

Thinking about it they probably want people like me to be posting about it - it's got them loads more hits to the site and whilst people may not like their details on it, anybody losing their mobile in the future will know a site where they can pick up many numbers they had lost!

The conspiracy theorist (or is it realist) in me says it was probably their idea to start sending out warnings about their site - -think of the traffic they will be getting.

I'm a bit annoyed with myself now for putting on the orriginal post! :wallbash::huh::(

www.myspace.com/boozlebear

0911 is a premium line code.

Thinking about it they probably want people like me to be posting about it - it's got them loads more hits to the site and whilst people may not like their details on it, anybody losing their mobile in the future will know a site where they can pick up many numbers they had lost!

The conspiracy theorist (or is it realist) in me says it was probably their idea to start sending out warnings about their site - -think of the traffic they will be getting.

I'm a bit annoyed with myself now for putting on the orriginal post! :wallbash::huh::(

All done in good faith BoozleBear Cannot fault you on that :clap2:

1984 - George Orwell - Debunked!

If one person can watch eight cameras efficiently that would take one in eight people to view the UK population or 7.5million camera operators. If you work on the fact that under EU legislation and current working conditions no-one can be expected to work more than eight hours, that's 21million people a day needed to monitor the UK population.

Then we'd need a further 7.8 million people to watch the aforementioned 21million camera operators to ensure they were not abusing their position watching their next door neighbour sunning it in the garden. This repeats itself until we get down to 100,000 super humans who we deem ourselves to trust - however - by this time nearly 40 million people are working for 'big brother' - leaving a paltry 20 million (of which 15million will be pensioners or children) to try and run the country.

1984 - Interesting concept - but this is definitely not going that way! Even with all the CCTV, speed cameras (especially the SPECS ones which log every time you pass them), and all these directory style things we will always have a set level of privacy which cannot be breached because it becomes unfeasible to do so.

This is simply freedom of already accessible information - which in my mind is perfectly acceptable.

Ian W

1984 - George Orwell - Debunked!

If one person can watch eight cameras efficiently that would take one in eight people to view the UK population or 7.5million camera operators. If you work on the fact that under EU legislation and current working conditions no-one can be expected to work more than eight hours, that's 21million people a day needed to monitor the UK population.

Then we'd need a further 7.8 million people to watch the aforementioned 21million camera operators to ensure they were not abusing their position watching their next door neighbour sunning it in the garden. This repeats itself until we get down to 100,000 super humans who we deem ourselves to trust - however - by this time nearly 40 million people are working for 'big brother' - leaving a paltry 20 million (of which 15million will be pensioners or children) to try and run the country.

1984 - Interesting concept - but this is definitely not going that way! Even with all the CCTV, speed cameras (especially the SPECS ones which log every time you pass them), and all these directory style things we will always have a set level of privacy which cannot be breached because it becomes unfeasible to do so.

This is simply freedom of already accessible information - which in my mind is perfectly acceptable.

You really do need to get out more often. :D;)

Eat right, stay fit, die anyway.

• 2 weeks later...
I am actually echoing something I read when I was much younger but it is still quite valid and certainly a much 'lighter' way to look at a problem many have real concerns about!

Interesting

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

All well and good but I was able to find a friend who (although registered to vote) doesn't show up on the published electoral role.

People who work in areas like the security services really don't need the bad guy's to be able to find them and their families easily.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.