RNLI

Elton

Just thought I'd mention, whilst I have a mo', that I have another sea fishing site at http://www.nesa.co.uk

This site is, basically, run by a guy called Tony on my behalf....

More details to follow, but they've now raised about £3,000 for the RNLI by staging their own comps, etc.

Just think that deserves a pat on the back for them.

Tight lines,

Elton

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

a guy called Tony on my behalf

Glad he's doing good work but what an odd name.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

RNLI?

Colin Penny, skipper of Flamer raises thousands of pounds every year for the RNLI.

Comps` on board, raffles in the Sailors!!

He even organises a pool competition every Sunday night through the winter!

My own firm raises over £2,000 per year for the RNLI?

I think the onus should be on folk that don`t contribute to this forums` most valuable service?

If you put to sea or just go rock-hopping, I hope you put your hand in the pocket when you see one of their charity boxes. I mean a few quid every time. Not just the odd change you can`t get in the one armed bandit!!

Every time we hear of a `sad story`, It`s always the RNLI guys that have to put out to sea, in the hope of rescuing some silly sods!

I`m doing a RNLI comp this Saturday. £10 out of all our fees goes straight towards the lifeboats.

You might need them one day. Make sure all those brave lads have the best equipment available.

Don`t just give lip service. Put a couple of quid in the box!!

Paul.

We don`t use J`s anymore!!

i was talking to our local? RNLI fundraiser at a local car boot (he`s always there whatever the weather) i besides idly chatting (waiting for the mrs to get round for the first time after i had done 3 circuits :rolleyes: ) i mentioned i had a great RNLI badge (lifeboatsmans head over flag) and asked if he had any ,suprisingly once the item of the "day" has sold out they never repeat it :( he has often been asked by people for many items not now available ,surly with supply and demand if an object sells and people want more then they get more :confused: not in the RNLI`s case :confused:

the RNLI and old soldiers (as long as they have medals and ARE old) are the only charities i give to all the rest usually only spend a small % of the takings on the intended "helped" the rest goes on administration or in laymans terms parties for the already rich

[ 09. January 2004, 07:22 PM: Message edited by: chesters1 ]

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Right, Cranfield. I have been a Governor for some years now.

It seems right to me that sea anglers should support the RNLI before spending one penny piece on charters, bait or tackle for sea fishing.

Push out the boat for the RNLI is my motto - one day they may have to push out a boat for you

[ 09. January 2004, 10:56 PM: Message edited by: Vagabond ]

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...

Hayley .... lovely Landlady of the Lifeboat Inn, Hayling Island, also raises a good deal of money for RNLI with meat raffles every Sunday and one- offs through the year.

Boat anglers tend to undervalue the staffers and mostly volunteers of the RNLI and HM Coastguard until you really need 'em.

Keep up the good work lads and lasses.

Its a real pity, that the people that use most of the RNLI funds dont give to them.

Summer tourists are a nightmare for those brave men, yet most tourists do not even know the RNLI exists.

Tony does a great job on NESA, so did Jaybee before him!

The internet angling sites only exist because of a few dedicated people, many have no idea the time it takes to run a website. All webmasters deserve credit, THANKS TO YOU ALL!

I spoke in an earlier post about The Lifeboat Inn's (Hayling Island) efforts for RNLI fund-raising .....

guess who won a 15lb turkey in the meat-raffle today? Heh, heh .......

all proceeds to RNLI .....

and mee!

[ 11. January 2004, 06:18 PM: Message edited by: H.A. ]