Fox do it again

Anderoo

If it is a deliberate strategy I'd like to know how Fox categorize those brilliant products. No sarcasm intended there, from what you say they do make good stuff but I still think there aren’t enough people who share your view on particular products.

http://changingminds.org/disciplines/marketing/understanding_markets/boston_matrix.htm

It's never a 'six', let's put it back

I have to say, I like a lot of Fox Stuff, but all companies have made bad bits of gear, I still use my Fox Supa bedchair, the Fox Micron Ms were brilliant little alarms and a Fox FX Alarm case arrived today, which looks idea for what I need.

The Fox Easy Mat was a requirement of a syndicate I belong too this year, I was rather put out that I had to purchase a cradle type unhooking mat, but I have to say it's an excellent bit of kit and I would not be without it now ?

Every company makes good and not so good bits of kit, just like car's there are always new models, I'm happy with that and just think it's the way of the world.

Bob

As were some of there Pike floats

We are not putting it back it is a lump now put that curry down and go and get the scales

have I told you abouit the cruise control on my Volvo ,,,,,,,bla bla bla Barder rod has it come yet?? and don`t even start me on Chris Lythe :bleh::icecream:

Are you certain that it didn`t get complicated due to the amount of spirits you have taken ?

Intended to post but the over complicated 'quote' facility messed things up. I've posted in spirit.

• Like 1

We are not putting it back it is a lump now put that curry down and go and get the scales

have I told you abouit the cruise control on my Volvo ,,,,,,,bla bla bla Barder rod has it come yet?? and don`t even start me on Chris Lythe :bleh::icecream:

There seem to be plenty available on-line. It's a fairly generic pattern though and plenty of companies selling clones.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

There seem to be plenty available on-line. It's a fairly generic pattern though and plenty of companies selling clones.

Probably all from the same conveyor belt in batches of a few thousand in different colours.

The company buyers will just buy a set number from each batch.

Uk buyer on phone "hi mr wing (or wang fang or tang) whats cheap this week?"

Manufacturers agent "got some black (green blue etc ) xxxx type bodies ,end of run ver ver cheap"

Uk chap "ok send me those but print our logo on the box"

Chinese supplier will get on phone to his box supplier and order enough boxes with the uk suppliers name on for the batch of clones hes flogging

Most of the chinese tackle must come from a very small number of suppliers as it costs a fortune to make to design and build many moulds for a huge range but limited number of items so the vast majority will be nothing more than slightly different badged clones ,you could well be paying a great deal for a sticker compared to a identical unbadged one nowadays

Hense no spares its cheaper just to send a similar reel than stock spares for a cheap item thats going to be replaced on the next turn of the conveyor.

There are ofcourse decent companies like daiwa but even their spares are limited and have to be ordered unlike the spares boxes of old where reels had huge production runs over many years ,that could be a good or bad thing as long productions meant your getting out of date reels ,short productions could mean the next lot are higher tech than the ones before but ofcourse lack long term testing ,swings and roundabouts like most things

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Not everything is from the same mold in China, yes there are loads of similar lures but none the same. Quite a few that look similar fall apart after one fish, or are far too soft to get the right action.

There are actually hardly any left online, just a few stragglers in the least popular colours (I've been buying up all the ones I can find in the colours I like). I expect Fox will replace them with something similar, hopefully as good!

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

Not being a big lure user, I don't know what you would expect to pay for the Fox Fork Tails, but there's an eBay seller who says he has the full range of colours and sizes in packs of 3,4 or 5 (depending on size) at 4.99 + 50p postage.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Fox-Rage-Fork-Tail-Soft-Plastic-Lures-ALL-COLOURS-/271630403526?pt=UK_BOI_Packing_Postal_Supplies_Labels_LE&var=&hash=item3f3e6f07c6