What is the biggest cod you have EVER caught?

adambroadley

Lots of fish  

30 members have voted

1. 1. What do you like catcching best?

• mackerel
    • cod
    • tope
    • bass
    • whiting

Ive had Two 18 pounders from aroud the Nab area, and once on a Wrecking trip on Glen Cairn's Valkrie out of Langstone I had A double shot A 10 pounder on the pirk and a 18 pounder on the Muppett :yeah: , But cant seem to beat 18lb :) .

Someone once said to me "Dont worry It could be worse." So I didn't, and It was!

انا آكل كل الفطائر

I made a vow today, to never again argue with an Idiot they have more expieriance at it than I so I always seem to lose!

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

29Lb 6oz shore caught Cod, taken from a rock mark on the Solway in 1996.

My one and only double figure cod.

Bazza

Awesome Cod Barry, thats a huge shore Cod by anywhere's standards, let alone the Solway a few years ago. Not jealous...not at all :lol:

Do you mind me asking what it fell to?

flattie

Guest muttley
Had one just over 56lb on a long line, best on me rod was 28 lb from the Rough Towers area off Harwich.

Once many years ago I took a new club member to a secret shore mark to try and catch his first shore caught cod, showed him where to cast, ten minuets later gaffed a 23lber for him, I was only a tiny bit jealous.

Blimey!!!!!

"Awesome Cod Barry, thats a huge shore Cod by anywhere's standards, let alone the Solway a few years ago. Not jealous...not at all

Do you mind me asking what it fell to?"

Hi Flattie,

Lugworm on size 2/0 single hook, as we had only been catching flounders up to that fish appeared.

Bazza

Had one just over 56lb on a long line, best on me rod was 28 lb from the Rough Towers area off Harwich.

Once many years ago I took a new club member to a secret shore mark to try and catch his first shore caught cod, showed him where to cast, ten minuets later gaffed a 23lber for him, I was only a tiny bit jealous.

Hi wurzel...:lol:

If you don't mind me asking i would really like to know how you caught that 56lb monster.:D

Things like what hooks, what bait, how heavy the line was .etc. :)

Regards--Adam Broadley

:fish::fishing:

Adam Broadley!

Me

Whitby Sea Anglers

Guest CJS2

Find it very sad, that we need a vote? Finding and catching fish is what its all about . . . no bass about and almost every one on site gets humty!! If it swims, has fins, thats good enough for me . . . never caught a Mermaid? lol

My biggest fish was a 47lb 'Stinger' off John Rawls boat in 1991, a memorable 20 miutes was that! I also remember a day off Dover, in my Alaska 500. We fished a deep hole caled the 'waren', boat partner Dave Harris had a 27lb Cod, I managed a 26 pounder! Incidently, that was 120ft of water and we were uptiding, no braid in those days . . . Mmmm?

SmoothieCJS.jpg

15lb Smoothie in 2000 was nice, that tusseled on my 12lb Suveran boat rod.

SmoothieB.jpg

This one was bigger I seem to remember, memorable, as the novice angler a friend, was over the moon, a Shark!!

BassBandC.jpg

Same friend, I was introducing him to bass fishing, lol

Bassnobby.jpg

Fond Memories of my mate Nobby, he is 50% paralised from child-hood Polio! that did not stop him, all his own work, all I did was net it!

Happy moments in my recent years fishing Felixstowe waters. They dont have to be big!

:ph34r:

Edited by CJS2

From the boat never really weighed them but plenty in the thirties over the years .

But my best from the shore was 20lb 3oz cod from saltwich beach in 1978 had one there 18lb a year earlyer ,but the funny thing was the way i caught the 20lber i was actually reeling in a rockling when only about 20yds out this fish grabbed the rockling i didnt know what had hit me at first but with only a few turns the fish was on the shore.

Edited by big_cod

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg