WHAT IS THE BIGGEST FISH YOU HAVE EVER CAUGHT?!

adambroadley

I don't think fishing is about catching big fish at all and that those pre-occupied with big fish are missing the point......

But I'm bound to say that, because I haven't had anything really big yet :D:lol:

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a fish on last night that straightened my 1/0 hook, and the wire on the hooks are squared off where they bend- never had that happen to me before.

Ten minute fight, then nothing! I think it was a big ray.

Biggest fish is a 50lb conger from a boat, or 15lb from the shore.

Fishing Guernsey- must be a fair few good conger marks from the shore to get your eel from?

B.A.S.S. member

Fishing Guernsey- must be a fair few good conger marks from the shore to get your eel from?

Loads of spots but the FPO tends to get upset at all nighters... Will be trying later in the year when these darn light evenings start to disapear... The Spekky hunt will be when I give it a go as she tends to be a bit more leniant!!

www.gbass.co.uk - The Guernsey Bass Anglers Sportfishing Society

That will change soon David ;)

Looking forward to that Davy... I think :unsure: think I had better start :showoff:

I've been to Scrabster... and I want to go back!!!

Well...I see i haven't got a very good size for my biggest fish :( only an 8lb cod...hopefully by summer i will have hooked atleast a 20lber...hopefully...:schmoll:

:fish::fishing:

Adam Broadley!

Me

Whitby Sea Anglers

40lb wahoo when I was about 13 or 14. On the same trip my younger brother also cought a 32lb ish wahoo, had some of it BBQed that evening, it was realy nice.

My 40 pounder was sold to a local pub called The Pub for $140. Saw it on the menu the next evening and couldnt afford it :blink:

Mark.

Hiya,

Well...I see i haven't got a very good size for my biggest fish :( only an 8lb cod...

Adam.. 8lb aint bad.. there are a lot of people out there that have never caught a Cod that size, nor are likely too. :thumbs:

Davy

"Skate Anglers Have Bigger Tackle"

Someone said it ...its not catching big fish ....to me its more the % they are of a record.

I have caught heavy fish, but the biggest fish I ever caught is a dace weighing 1lb 4 oz 2 dr . I even had the scales checked!

Dave

Save Our Sharks Member

www.save-our-sharks.org

40lb wahoo when I was about 13 or 14. On the same trip my younger brother also cought a 32lb ish wahoo, had some of it BBQed that evening, it was realy nice.

My 40 pounder was sold to a local pub called The Pub for $140. Saw it on the menu the next evening and couldnt afford it :blink:

Mark.

:clap2: You couldn't afford it with $140 in your pocket, it must have been expensive. :clap2:

B)-->

QUOTE(Norm B @ May 25 2006, 09:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:clap2: You couldn't afford it with $140 in your pocket, it must have been expensive. :clap2:

The $140 went to our friends who were kind enough to take us out on their boat St Bruno. It payed for the fuel we used on the day. I think two big turbo Cat engines burn quite a bit of diesel when trolling all day. We also caught about 3 Great Barracuda that wernt that 'big', I had seen bigger when snorkeling before but they were still fun.

Mark.