Your biggest fish!

adambroadley

Coarse Fishing  

37 members have voted

1. 1. The fish you like to catch best...

• Carp
    • Tench
    • Roach
    • Pike
    • Catfish
    • Salmon

:lol::lol:

What is the biggest fish you have ever caught on a river?

Nows your time to show off the biggest fish you have EVER landed...

wether it is just a 3lb or a 30lb fish let us know

Regards--Adam.

:fish::fishing:

Adam Broadley!

Me

Whitby Sea Anglers

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmmmm do you want to know ,wat the bigest fish we have caught on a river is?If so why isn't Barbel/Chub & Zanda there plus a few more or wat are fav fish is to catch on a river ,your post isn't very clear.

Snap big tinca but mine was only 9lb 8oz :(

P.s How many U.K rivers hold a decent head of catfish and salmon?

P.p.s cant decide between a roach or a barbel :S

Edited by markp

It depends on the time of the year to what fish I like to catch.

Why was not Bream on your list ?

I would say that a lot of matchmen would say it is there favorite fish.

Ian Flynn

It depends on the time of the year to what fish I like to catch.

Why was not Bream on your list ?

I would say that a lot of matchmen would say it is there favorite fish.

you can still mention what fish you prefer to catch if your favourite is not on the list but i just put down the first few river fish i could think of.:mellow:

:fish::fishing:

Adam Broadley!

Me

Whitby Sea Anglers

I have been lucky enough to catch plenty of big fish, whether it be Carp, Barbel, Chub etc. These days my main focus is Barbel, as many of you know. However, I would dearly love a double figure Tench having been close a few times. I could go on and say a 4lb perch or even a huge Bream, but cannot be too greedy.

Paul

What is the biggest fish you have ever caught on a river?

Mike mine a Grey Mullet of the thick-lipped variety.

Does "in a river" inlude estuaries?

EVER caught?

I managed to get about half of a 20lb ish red snapper into a drop net and haul it on to the poop of a bulker, before the barramundi could eat all of it. That was lying at anchor off Parkers Point, Dampier, WA, whilst we were waiting to fill up with ore.

Does that count?

We used to see a few Great Whites too, but thats for another post.

Edited by corydoras

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

Erm....0.5lb roach?!

Saying that I've only just started fishing rivers as opposed to canals and ponds so give me a chance! Saying that my largest canal fish was only a 2lb bream! But it keeps me off the streets ;)

I've never had much success with big fish but I'm purely a pleasure angler, I'm happy just to be there. I do wish the gods would be nice and let me catch a tench though...

Aaron

<<<<<<<<<

27.5lb Mahseer.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.