Have you ever caught anything other than fish?

Aaron1976

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've had plenty of plastic bags and trees.

Also had a small spinner on a trace.

I think my best "odd catch" was a Mink from the River Irwell at Rawtenstall East Lancashire.

Only saw about 3 seconds of it before it ate through my line, and swam off leaving a trail of bubbles. :D

IPB Image

mine has to be a set of handcuffs, still in the leather sheath, put up one hell of a fight in the Thames at Kingston in the winter flow, took a good 20+ minutes to get them in, still out in the shed.

Ha! They probably came from a copper trying to arrest someone from McClusky's

A bat and a sheep,the latter gave me a great fight - I was down to ny backing :headhurt:

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

With 60 years of fishing behind me, I have caught quite alot of odds 'n' sods.

About 5 rods and reels, many birds of varying descriptions etc. etc. Last odd thing was a 25 ft length of 15mm rope. Nearly bust the foo foo valve trying to get the rope on board; you see, it was tied to a 100lb lump of concrete..........Goodness knows what the concrete was used for....in a barramundi dam.

Worst part was that my lure had snagged 22 feet down on the rope.

Nearly forgot, caught an outboard motor, 4 hp version Evinrude, had to use the 70 lb handline to lift the outboard on board........It musta bin many years old as everything had seized completely.

ocker-anim.gifROO.gif

Cheers, Bobj.

Once while fishing with Vagabond at Dungeness I hooked someone's lost terminal tackle that still had two cod attached to it. However, on another occasion at the North Met Reservoir, Vagabond hooked a push bike which he rode along the bank. It squeaked a bit but it seemed to be OK. Being as he had driven up from Sussex, Vaggers elected to park the bike in the bushes rather than ride it home!

I also caught a slab of concrete in an onion sack when fishing off Valencia Island, Co Kerry. Initially every one on the boat thought it was a skate! A slab of concrete in tides running as they do there does strange things. Thankfully I expressed my doubts as to it being a skate long before I got it to the surface! :)

I did hear of a guy who caught a black vynal disc with a hole in the centre of it. Apparently he reckoned that it was a record!

Edited by chevin

Politicians are not responsible for a country's rise to greatness; The people are.

The people are not responsible for a country's fall to mediocrity; the politicians are.

over the years- a tufted duck, a coot, several cormorants, and a small octopus from my local docks. i dont know who was more scared. after squrting ink on my trainers it crawled back over the dock wall and hid in a patch of seaweed until the tide came in.

Gav

King Piker

Ive hit bats dozens of times whilst fly-fishing late at night but never actually hooked one. Other than that, I've caught dead sheep, discarded puppies and kittens, a mannequin, which was quite scary till I realised it wasn't a dead body, various footwear, bags, shopping trolleys, a complete fishing rod/reel, complete with end tackle, dead fish, dead birds, whole collections of lures and stuff....I've caught everything.

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...

The usual plastic bags, terrapin, bits of line, lures and have also had keepnets (from the middle of lakes) trolleys, chairs, seatbox's, bungy cords and a pair of scissors hooked through the finger hole :huh:

At the start of the last pike season i hooked onto some line, and saw out the corner out of my eye the bloke in the next swim's ball buster going mental, i ended up getting about 50 yards of line and left it safley in the margin 10 yards from him.

I think he learned 3 things that day, don't cast across the lake, pay attention to your tackle and remember to turn your bite alarms on :yeah:

Cheers

<º))))><.·´¯`·.ÐÅѸ.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>

IPB Image