any ideas?

*Ant*

Is it just your PC Ant? Or is Sue getting the same problems on her laptop?

Are you running 2 ISP's? I remember that thread a while ago but can't remember what you eventually did. If you are, then you can usually eliminating it down to the ISP by doing some simple tests :)

- Emz

Find out who you live by - www.frappr.com/anfriendsmap

Check out Crystal's New Website! :)

Don't forget to sign her guestbook :D

Sounds like a RAM problem to me.

If I have various 'Art Programs' running at the same time, it often happens to me - blank pages, photos not showing, and so on.

The next PC that I purchase will have a very large RAM, large hard drive, at least 128MB of dedicated graphics, etc - and I will probably still encounter the odd problems!

You only need a couple of programs running on your PC, that slightly conflict, for things to start going wrong.

Guest sandpipper

Ant, newt told me a while back the my ram was to small (512) and to double it up i was getting the same problems as you ive got 2 gig of ram now and now i dont get the white boxes with the red cross or page cannot be displaid anymore.

Ant, newt told me a while back the my ram was to small (512) and to double it up i was getting the same problems as you ive got 2 gig of ram now and now i dont get the white boxes with the red cross or page cannot be displaid anymore.

ram has nothing to do with page displaying errors, ram is where your programs are loaded to when you use them, it could either be your isp but as you can get the pages on the same isp on a different system it has to be something to do with your settings,

tricky one this but take ram out of the equation.

have you tried dropping your fire wall and other net blocking programs you have installed.

Edited by kempo

anyone got any of of these punches please
Broadband problems, click here
my m8 is a pike angler and one of the nicest people you could ever meet.IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

Some of the pages I visit are full of white boxes with red crosses instead of pics and unfamiliar text.

Isn't that usually a *Java* problem?

Again, thanks all. :thumbs:

err...........what's java?

Java is another kind of computer language developed by Sun Microsystems. It is similar to C++, but has been simplified to eliminate language features that cause common programming errors.

Java is a general purpose programming language with a number of features that make the language well suited for use on the Web.

check this out its fun,, http://www.w3schools.com/js/default.asp

Edited by kempo

anyone got any of of these punches please
Broadband problems, click here
my m8 is a pike angler and one of the nicest people you could ever meet.IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

hi ant just had the same problem on my PC after i done a windows update dodgy xp pro

, i fixed it by a total shut down plug out the wall for 10 Min's , cold boot then adjusted permissions on my firewall hope this helps (zonealarm pro)

cpranim.gif

15/06/12 PB Perch 3 lb 10 oz 03/03/11 Common Carp 23lb 6 oz 05/06/12 Sturgeon 7 lb 13 oz 06/06/12 Mirror Carp 21 lb 2 oz

09/03/13 PB PIKE 27 lb 9 ozARNO3010CustomImage1086535.gif