First Fish of the New Season

BoozleBear

Also would I be right in saying this is a bleak? I've not caught one before, so not 100% sure!

Looks very much like one to me! :)

Where there's one, there's normally scores or hundreds, so think yourself lucky!

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One small perch, one decent perch of well over 1lb, an 8lb pike and a *massive* something (had to be a barbel) that charged all over the river until it plunged into some nearside reeds and snagged up.

Caught some nice sunburn too ;)

Bleeding heart liberal pinko, with bacon on top.

i had a a great start to the season! i managed to get out for a couple of hours after my exams, and i started off by catching my biggest chub of 5lb 8oz!!! well chuffed with that

What a cracking way to start the season, you will have to go some to match that.

Well done to everyone else, I had to work then we had football training tonight and a tournament in the morning. I have to register the team at 8.15! May get out for a few hours tomorrow night if Liam is away if not we will go out Sunday. If I have Liam will probably do a tench sesssion on Frensham big pond & get on the river one night in the week.

My mate text me to say he had kcked off the season with a 9lb 11oz barbel :schmoll: not that I'm jealous that is :)

lyn

One life, live it, love it, fish it!

And this evening it turned into disaster! Nothing but nothing, yet everything seemed right. Low water at same time as sun down, slight chop on the water, slightly overcast, I was really expecting a good end to an enjoyable day. The fish were there, they were creating mud clouds where they were feeding but no, no joy for me.

Fished the River Beult at Yalding,the day was fantastic started with a lovely mist over the river and cleared to become a wonderfull session.

Fished my Normark crusader bomb rod,3lb line with 16 hook on a running rig with small cage feeder,mixed white and brown groundbait with sweetcorn.Hook bait of maggots all colours,sweetcorn,luncheon meat and bread.

Landed a mixed bag of 22 mainly Roach with 2 Perch and 2 skimmers,nothing more than 8ozs but what a great day,cant wait for next year. :lol:

Fishing seems to be my favorite form of loafing.

"Even a bad day of fishing is better than a good day of work."

I know the joy of fishes in the river through my own joy, as I go walking along the same river.

What do you think if the float does not dip, try again I think.

went down to my favourite club stretch on the trent for a spot of barbel fishing but only caught several chub biggest ran to about 3lb then 1 about 1lb the rest where 8oz - 10 oz ,it was hot hot hot

owls22dx.gif

Chavender
I try to be funny... but sometimes I merely look it! hello.gif Steve

Just got in from my second outing of the day on a club water had 11 carp(5lb-11lb+) and one tench at 3lb ,not a bad days fishing really.Can't waite to get back on the River Dane/Severn think ill waite till next Sat/Sun tho and goto another lake on monday/tues.