First Fish of the New Season

BoozleBear

If you've caught already, let's see the pics!

Granted anybody fishing today will still be out there, but thought I might as well put this post up to get the ball rolling.

Cheers,

Simon

Edited by BoozleBear

www.myspace.com/boozlebear

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 crucian carp 1.9 lb

1 Tench 3lb

1 Grass carp 3.8lb

few small roach

Lost a big Ghostey.

Back out at around 4,can't waite to hit the River Dane on Sunday.

Copied this from my club forum board; cant put a link because its P/W protected.

Also the pics are missing

Paul Hutchinson;

River Wear, DCAC Waters

Co Durham

Arrived 10:45PM last night (15th) found a decent and likely swim, started laying in some loosefeed, by 11:30 the swim was boiling with fish and I was clammering to cast a line.

To the final strokes of Durham Cathedrals bells cast out (00-00 acording to my mobile), instantly and before the chime had ebbed away I had a 3lb 6oz chub in the net, the time was still 12-00 midnight when the fish slid over the net, by the time I unhooked the fish it turned 12-01

Fantastic myst clouds billowing down the river and then spiraling out over the neighbouring fields. though most of it's majesty is lost on a 5 second exposure hence the water looking a bit odd.

1st Light

Sunrise (well a little after initial sunrise)

Incase you're wondering, I caught 8 chub in all, no barbel largest 3lb13.

Click on thumbnail images to enlarge

Tight Lines,

Wearyone

Just having a break! Roach fished from midnight till about 6.00 when I chased after pike, and I got a jack first cast!! Scores of little roach then fished the tide down for jack after jack after jack after jack, sixteen in total, four from where I moor my boat. Probably all last year's year class. Fished some of the flood to make it twenty five jacks in total, and lost a reasonable fish. Numerically excellent, crap weight, but I stopped when I had had enough. Bream this evening, saw some rolling this morning. Even saw a grass snake out for a swim. Bumped into Argyll who was also after pike, but he went up river, I think. Hope he had something a tad bigger than mine, which means anything over four pounds.

Edited by Peter Waller

Went for a few hours perch fishing at 4am, my first time on a new water.

Caught some lovely little stripey’s; have done a little write up with images here:

http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/Coarse-Fishing..._for_perch.html

:)

Mild Mannered Carp Angler By Day…

Read My Blog:Here! View My Gallery: Here!

www.NorthWestcarp.co.uk Home of the Northern Monkey!

I had a chub about 2.5lbs on my first cast, lost a simlilar size fish on my second, then nothing for the rest of the day! My Dad had 2 nice Perch of 1.5 and 2lbs, and 5 Eels.

Forgot the camera, which is a shame because I saw some lovely things today. A grass snake that entered the river right beside me and swum to the other side, lots of damsell and dragon flies settling on my float and rod, a green woodpecker and a herd of bullocks that spent the afternoon sharing a swim with my dad.

Edited by Steve Coppolo

DRUNK DRIVERS WRECK LIVES.

Don't drink and drive.

Not only my first fish of the season, but also my first fish from the Essex river Blackwater, decided to try somewhere completely new today

perch16th.jpg

Also would I be right in saying this is a bleak? I've not caught one before, so not 100% sure!

bleak.jpg

Mat

Mat

I had 4 wildie commons to 6lb and a whole bunch of rudd about 5-6" long. The fishing was hard actualy, most of the fish were very shy and generaly not interested.

I also caught the sun.......quite a bit lol

*glowing*