Thinking of treating myself to one of these

JV44

OK, I took the camera down to a local pond for a couple of hours today. I rigged it up on a spod rod with the strongest braid I've got (coward), and attached some light mono with a big lead to the front of it. Shipped it out with my pole and dropped it exactly where I meant to fish.

It turned out that the visibility was crap, and being a winter afternoon the lighting was pretty dim in 8 feet of water too. I blanked, but at least I know I had one fish in my swim (a tench, I think). Quite exciting getting home to view the rushes :)

The clips aren't in the exact order they were taken, hence the light levels varying, the bit at the end with the fish happened first, the bit with the camera going out was when I decided to reposition it.

So, water clarity a big issue (obviously). Light levels not too much of a problem, you can see the worm and the maggots when they are close to the camera and that was getting on for half three. The rig seems to work OK for keeping the camera stable and pointing in the right direction.

Best excuse I've yet seen for one of these cameras - crackin' fish too, though maybe (perhaps understandably) a bit under-gunned with the net :D

..... and skip the advert - my offering was way boring!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2REt9DCB7N8&list=TLGSUDkK-LKyM

• 3 weeks later...