Removing mackrel scales

Fastd

I was wondering if anyone has a fool proof way of removing mackrel scales from tackle.

I have borrowed some gear and want to keep it in good nick, but despite scrubbing it with a brush and hosepipe they disappear when the gears wet but when it dries they appear again.

Perhaps a roof rack and a car wash may be the answer :blink:

dave

Save Our Sharks Member

www.save-our-sharks.org

I was wondering if anyone has a fool proof way of removing mackrel scales from tackle.

I have borrowed some gear and want to keep it in good nick, but despite scrubbing it with a brush and hosepipe they disappear when the gears wet but when it dries they appear again.

dave

In my experience they stay on your rod, your hands and everywhere else they can get a hold, until they gradually drop off through the winter and you and your gear are nice and clean for the mackerel returning in the spring.

dave

Dave...Cough cough... the answer is...Dont catch Mackeral !!!!!! :blink::blink:

In sleep every dog dreams of food,and I, a fisherman,dream of fish..

Theocritis..

For Fantastic rods,and rebuilds. http://www.alba-rods.co.uk/

Separate the rods and reels and put the rods in the bath overnight. Wrap the reels in a damp cloth or towel and place in a plastic bag over night. The scales need to rehydrate before you will shift them, washing them with a nail brush or something similar does'nt get enough moisture into the scales to remove them but the above will.

Just check that the better half does'nt require a bath or it's the doghouse for you

Do not even try to remove them now. They drop off/wear off in time :)

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

Next season after the scales have worn off from this years makie bashing give your rod a rub over with armourall this leaves a thin layer of silicon on the blank alowing any Gunge to wash of easily.

Someone once said to me "Dont worry It could be worse." So I didn't, and It was!

انا آكل كل الفطائر

I made a vow today, to never again argue with an Idiot they have more expieriance at it than I so I always seem to lose!