plagued by mice

kempo

hello peeps, my local tackle shop is plagued by mice, they are eating poor Ben out of house and home, any one got any good ideas of how to git rid of em.

he has untold traps euro friendly and other traps but the mice are very persistent.

any ideas please.

anyone got any of of these punches please
Broadband problems, click here
my m8 is a pike angler and one of the nicest people you could ever meet.IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

it realy hurts me to say this but

tell him to get a couple of pussy cats no more mice :thumbs:

then get rid of said mouse catchers :D:thumbs::thumbs::D

Women need a reason to have sex. Men just need a place.

The difference between light and hard is that you can sleep with a light on.

One of the best ways to get rid of mice and rats is to contact your local friendly ferret keeper and get him/her to let the said ferret loose in the shop and have a good root round. I used to keep ferrets and know through experience how good they are at keeping rodents away. The smell from a ferret will last for some time, not detectable to humans only rodents, and should it encounter any of its furry cousins will soon dispatch them

it realy hurts me to say this but

tell him to get a couple of pussy cats no more mice :thumbs:

then get rid of said mouse catchers :D:thumbs::thumbs::D

debated about that that is the top possibility at the moment well done.

any other ideas, an owl was suggested as it will be dark when the mouse are about.

anyone got any of of these punches please
Broadband problems, click here
my m8 is a pike angler and one of the nicest people you could ever meet.IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

has he thought about a gangplank leading to a oneway door in a chest freezer ,he can then sell them on for animal food

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Environmental Health at the local council would be my first call.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

I have just had a very similar problem lately with Mice AND Rats!! I used rentokil Rat bait and VERY effective it was!!! Sold in a large plastic bottle at around £5 per bottle in Wikinsons. certainly well worthy of the money!! Otherwise as Les says a CAT!!

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

using the very same stuff with mice in one of my sheds ,two containers full eaten so far and their waiting for more ,no destinctive dead mouse smell and i'm sure their having to enlarge the hole as their getting so fat.

tried industrial strenght stuff in the loft no deaths even after 1/2 a bucket untill i used traps and boy did they look healthy and fat.

looks like their immune around here to warfarin and the common poisons

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

They need some of the stronger stuff sold to farmers from agricultural dealerships or country stores. That stuff neosorexa or something like that it is called, i used it and it stops rats. other than that a cat, one like mine that kills everything it that scurries.

Bob

I`d definately go with the cat/ferrets,make sure the custodians of our laws don`t find out though as it is now illegal to hunt with animals.Although if you do it this week you should be ok,but,come the end of the month when targets must be met they`ll have you!!

DS