What your angling weakness ?

chavender

been reading a few threads on different forums,about whats best tactic,most skillfull method ect and ones where people exalted there strengths in angling which got me thinking,we all have strengths but what are our weaknesses.???

mine is my casting,which is due to my dyspraxia,my spatial awareness is a little off as is my hand-2-eye co-ordination,but i get by well enough,another weakness would be in the area of groundbaits choosing what to use with what and in what quantaties (retail g/bs)

owls22dx.gif

Chavender
I try to be funny... but sometimes I merely look it! hello.gif Steve

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lots of weaknesses i'm embaressed to say (and spellings another i've just noticed :D ).

Inconsistancy in my casting accuracy is probably my biggest flaw, sometimes I can do a session and my casting is spot on, and on another session I can be all over the place. :(

I'd also call my float fishing ability to be distinctly average, especialy on rivers.

Lure fishing is something i've done very little of so would also class that as a weekness.

Eat right, stay fit, die anyway.

I would say casting is my weakness. Not so much distance but accuracy.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

Im in general very slow to try new things.Far to content to stick with what I know and works for me. I have to make a concious effort to try things just so I know what Im talking about or missing!

Me too.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

Guest Ferret1959

My weakness is getting bored to soon.

If I'm not getting bites I soon get fed up.

I should really stick it out untill the fish find the baits. :)

i not a bad angler if do say so myself!

i can turn my hand to most styles of fishing,lure fishing is an aspect of teh sport i'm still learning,i often know there are predators in teh swim but at times cannot get a take,very fustrating,its easy to say their not having it but often theres something i'm not doing right that is the problem,they seem to love my hawg wobbler lure tho,no probs there!!

AKA RATTY

LondonBikers.Com....Suzuki SV1000S K3 Rider and Predator Crazy Angler!

My biggest weakness is sticking far to much to my favourite technique - float fishing with the 'pin when other techniques would probably be much more productive.

My other weakness is food while fishing!!!! If I'd landed all the bites I've missed due to having my hands full of food and stufing my face when the float goes under I'd be the next John Wilson! :lol:

Mat

Mat