Who's closest to the sea?

Bob on Stronsay

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bob on Stronsay:

Don't know about the Cod down the back of the armchair but I have seen a Killer Whale from my living room window.

Bob

Have you really bob?? that is amazing

"Colonel Gadaffi, knows more about fishing than the whole of westminster put together"

Alex Salmond 2004 SNP Leader

"Forza Dons"

Nice pics Bob.

If your house is Shamrock Lea, where is Realrock Lea? :confused: :confused:

I overlook Kirk Sound and the Churchill barriers in Holm Mainland Orkney but we are about 200 metres from cliff edge.

Cheers

Scapa

[ 14. December 2004, 02:31 PM: Message edited by: Scapanapper ]

Hello Scapanapper, thought I was the only Orkney based AnglersNet member, Couple of us on Stronsay were thinking of a day trip to fish the barriers next summer.

I think there are three houses called "Shamrock Lea" in Orkney, One on the airport road in Kirkwall, another on Eday (Always get his post) and my one on Stronsay (Being an ISP meant I got in first on the domain).

Salar, If I was a better caster I could also fish from the back garden and catch fish in Mill bay at the back of the house, although there are a lot of seals around there.

Bob

Bob

Let me know when you are planning your trip I would like to join you.

I think we met a few years back when you visited the Coastguard station in Cromwell road trying to promote your Orknet service (I hope I got it right and you aren't another ISP)

Cheers

Scapa.

Almost right Scapanapper, it would have been me (I wore out a lot of shoe leather in those days)but Orknet are a different company, they are more into doing web pages. I have @orkney.com (Along with the 50 or so other domains) so any one with that as an email address is one of my customers.

Yes will keep you in mind when we come over and will meet up with you.

We could make it an Anglersnet day out for all those poor folk who live on mainland Britain!!!!

Hello Sarah, do you realise how stressful it is living up here, no schedules to keep other than "Is the sun shinning".

Bob

Sorry about getting you mixed up Bob.

I like the idea of an AN event in Orkney, perhaps Thurso Angler and Tugmisstress could come over.

We could do Sea angling and trout angling on the same day or even at the same time.

Anyone else interested?

wow Bob, I am impressed. I thought i was close to the sea overlooking thurso bay, but that takes some beating...... what a gorgeous location.

from what i have noticed, though i may be wrong, there are just you and scappanapper on the Islands, and me, thurso, my hubby and the big man this side of the firth on the mainland, not bad for a small population eh?