Who's closest to the sea?

Bob on Stronsay

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Paula

Yes shore fishing if you prefer.

We could fish Steness loch for sea fish, brown and sea trout! and be near the pub!!!!

Keep it in mind for next summer.

Anyone else for a trip to the isles.

Hi Paula again

I've just had a look at your website and realise we have something in common. We both work in the ports industry.

I am at Orkney harbour radio and if you listen on VHF ch16/11 at 1715 today you will hear my dulcet tones reading the weather forecast.

Cheers

Scapa (Martyn)

I am sure you would all enjoy a day or two Pollock fishing from the Vat o' Kirbister on Stronsay as well.

I will see how much I suffer in January (New year and the Scrabster trip) and if I am still alive I will organise a trip for you all up to Orkney.

We could call it Fish Orkney at midnight without headlamps" if we do it in June?

Bob

Can see the sea from my front door,approx 250yds,trouble is the fishing is not very good in this area (Whitley Bay) these days.

BUT have a static caravan in Drummore,Mull of Galloway and you can see the sea from the window about 100yds away. In fact on a clear day you can see the other side of Luce Bay about 15 miles away and the fishing is FANTASTICO!

Cannot wait till march when I open the van up again.

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

Bob & Scappanapper,

Sounds brilliant I am definately up for it and stuff the other half if he wants to be a miserable git :)

Quite sure there will be some takers on here if we all start nagging them

ooops, sorry boat skipper, forgot about you lol.

yeah 'stromness' is written across the back of her! i remember....... i am three quarters of the way through a bottle of chardonnay so please excuse me