Circle Hooks

Elton

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hi elton get loads of wrasse in the rocks down our way ,,,,so i tryed full & half circle hooks & because of the weird current they still swallow them so ime back to fine wire jobbies so at least if i cut the line they have a chance ,,,,,lucky rich,,,,

Ime off to yak skoool,,,,,,no more overruns to get out there,,,,

I have watched them work when using live baits for bass, the fish roared off and then hooked its self in the scissors. Nagging my old man to bring a range out so I get some freebies.

BASS MEMBER

IGFA Member.

Supporting ethical angling practices and wise use and conservation of fishery resources!

SACN Member.

NFSA Member.

Getting confused by politics!

MY LIST IS LONGER THAN YOURS!

They are good for mid water float fishing (20ft plus) when fishing from the boat. Very effective for livebait bass. Also good for uptiding, particularly ray. Or when bite detection can be difficult e.g inexperienced anglers drifting the bottom in strong tide

I was spinning for live bait with 1/0 circles, baited with little strips of mackerel, and had good lip hook ups.

You do have to wait for the full bite, but they do work with smaller species, and lip hooked each time.

B.A.S.S. member

I'll have to give these a go myself. Think I'll start with whiting, as they like fish baits and I might actually get a bite :)

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

They are good for mid water float fishing (20ft plus) when fishing from the boat. Very effective for livebait bass.

What hooks are you using, and with what baits? I find circles don't really have enough gape (I've tried 8/0 gamakatsus with live macks).

Like Fresh coffee? www.Bean14.com

What hooks are you using, and with what baits? I find circles don't really have enough gape (I've tried 8/0 gamakatsus with live macks).

:clap2: I caught a 150lb + shark on a 6/0 circle hook with 3lb grouper as bait. I'd had 3 x 12/0 hooks to 300lb wire bitten off so I tried a "tiny" 6/0 circle to 300lb wire and it caught in the scissors and didn't get bitten through, they work for me. :clap2:

I have watched them work when using live baits for bass, the fish roared off and then hooked its self in the scissors. Nagging my old man to bring a range out so I get some freebies.

:clap2: PM me your address and what sizes you'd like Sam and I'll send you some freebees to try, complements of Mustad. :clap2: