RMT backs drink driving

barry luxton

Kirkcudbright and surrounding area, fished there many time Steve

• Like 1

"La conclusión es que los insultos sólo perjudican cuando vienen de alguien que respeto". e5006689.gif

“Vescere bracis meis”

So lets get this straight ,mr scalloper spends lots on fuel to trundle down to near france then lands it for £x (not very much i presume as there will be lots of middle men in between) so the catch can be transported (more fuel plus drivers wages) up north where its processed then its (by then not fresh as the day it was plucked) transported all the way back down to the south coast then onwards to the continent .makes complete sense to me if you want to give money to the chancellor in taxes on fuel ,road transport costs ,labour costs and that tax etc ,yes i can see why we pay highly for the buggers.
Why not just sell it in france at a higher price as its fresh fill up on cheaper fuel and send the profit home to their families and cut out all the middlemen who do nothing?

I think we can also why we import most stuff into the UK and while on the subject of fish whats this about?

EU states net sizes so fish of a certain size cannot be caught (not sure if it applies to mackeral) (not sure if it applies to spaniards) anyway fair does seems sensible BUT if its restricting EU fishermen why then does it let obviasly immature (far to young to breed therefore stopping their decendants in a stroke) mackeral this small be imported into the EU zone? in essence undermining their own policy on fish sizes .

The tin states "produced in Thialand" not where its caught.

i was shocked at how small they are.

post-1265-0-22460900-1424514995_thumb.jpg

is it a case of (as we have seen before) illicit catches not landing in EU waters but EU fish being transported to non EU countries and shipped back again undermining the good? intentions of fish preservation ,even if non EU mackeral i doubt catching fish this small is good for fish stocks wherever they were caught

ps their not nice to eat either

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Interesting post Paul, the ground often changes twenty times and more in the space of a mile, I have never seen a chart with that level of seabed detail (as every fisherman knows most Nav charts are based on surveys from decades back, sometimes centuries back when navigational accuracy was a pipedream).

I am starting to appreciate what drives much of your mindset.

Now...these industrial quantities of fish you regularly take, or took, are you still at it or have we embraced conservation even a teensy weensy bit?

Hi steve now my middle name is conservationist it in my interest ezero discards all small fish retured alive no bulldozing the seabed no litter in the sea especially oil drums know where i am coming from steve 99% of charterboat skippers are conservationists and as for fish it all doesnt belong to the commercial sector we have a as right to give our customers fish no fish no buisness j again which is a big big plus plus zero discards .

Just seen this on whitby forum a potting lad from scarborugh looks like your friends are upto no good patrol boat tied up on night they are having a field day till they launch the fisheries rib up the coast then the ballon will go up .

Quote -Just spoken to a local lad who is on one of the scallopers and he said as soon as darkness comes the lights get turned off and they are all back towing inside the limit.

Mc'cantless and his bunch of cronies cheif fisheries officer seem more intent on persecuting the local potters than chasing these nomadic dredgers that are blatantly flouting the laws daily, which is ironic because the longer this carries on he's not going to have a potting fleet to police.

Sad aint it.

paul.

Edited by big_cod

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

looks like there is a need for bag limits out of Whitby, every one will need to do their bit according to this:

Kilpatrick’s claims are backed up by a report I was sent by Seafish.co.uk. The Marine Management Organisation stats of “Landings into UK ports by UK vessels from 2009-2013? show figures for Whitby’s demersal fish—fish that live and feed at the bottom of the seabed, such as cod—have gone from 1.2 to 0.3 tonnes landed between 2009 t0 2013. That’s just four years. Other fish quantities have also dropped—due to the stripping down of the fish market and other infrastructure in the town—but not as significantly as the fish dredging mostly affects.

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

So lets get this straight ,mr scalloper spends lots on fuel to trundle down to near france then lands it for £x (not very much i presume as there will be lots of middle men in between) so the catch can be transported (more fuel plus drivers wages) up north where its processed then its (by then not fresh as the day it was plucked) transported all the way back down to the south coast then onwards to the continent .makes complete sense to me if you want to give money to the chancellor in taxes on fuel ,road transport costs ,labour costs and that tax etc ,yes i can see why we pay highly for the buggers.

Why not just sell it in france at a higher price as its fresh fill up on cheaper fuel and send the profit home to their families and cut out all the middlemen who do nothing?

I think we can also why we import most stuff into the UK and while on the subject of fish whats this about?

EU states net sizes so fish of a certain size cannot be caught (not sure if it applies to mackeral) (not sure if it applies to spaniards) anyway fair does seems sensible BUT if its restricting EU fishermen why then does it let obviasly immature (far to young to breed therefore stopping their decendants in a stroke) mackeral this small be imported into the EU zone? in essence undermining their own policy on fish sizes .

The tin states "produced in Thialand" not where its caught.

i was shocked at how small they are.

attachicon.giffish.JPG

is it a case of (as we have seen before) illicit catches not landing in EU waters but EU fish being transported to non EU countries and shipped back again undermining the good? intentions of fish preservation ,even if non EU mackeral i doubt catching fish this small is good for fish stocks wherever they were caught

ps their not nice to eat either

On the scallop issue, you could be talking about up to as much as 50 tonnes of product being landed at a time, which is a lot of perishable goods to try to sell and actually get paid for, the getting paid for is quite some issue just now.

We are professional fishermen, we fish, that is our skill.

Processing and marketing seafood is a whole new skill set, it requires a vast array of skills and languages which I simply do not have, most real players have French/Spanish/Italian speaking sales staff, on site laboratories etc etc. They do a lot more than nothing trust me on that one, without them there is no industry it really is as simple as that.

For the last 25 years we have landed our scallops to the same factory here in Kirkcudbright wherever we are in the UK, sometimes 200 yards from their front door, sometimes anywhere from Newlyn to Scrabster and anywhere in between, but they all get transported here for processing. We operate purely on trust, never been a contract or anything, and what we land before a Sunday night at midnight we get payment for the following Thursday.

Some of the payment (or non payment) horror stories nowadays give me no desire to change that very comforting situation.

I am also shocked at the mackerel, the biggest shock being why would anyone buy that muck other than to feed it to their cat if they had run out of Whiskas.....yuk..... :yucky:

Edited by stevieg
  • Like 1

Hi steve now my middle name is conservationist it in my interest ezero discards all small fish retured alive no bulldozing the seabed no litter in the sea especially oil drums know where i am coming from steve 99% of charterboat skippers are conservationists and as for fish it all doesnt belong to the commercial sector we have a as right to give our customers fish no fish no buisness just like any commercial boat and again which is a big big plus plus zero discards .

Just seen this on whitby forum a potting lad from scarborugh looks like your friends are upto no good patrol boat tied up on night they are having a field day till they launch the fisheries rib up the coast then the ballon will go up .

Quote -Just spoken to a local lad who is on one of the scallopers and he said as soon as darkness comes the lights get turned off and they are all back towing inside the limit.

Mc'cantless and his bunch of cronies cheif fisheries officer seem more intent on persecuting the local potters than chasing these nomadic dredgers that are blatantly flouting the laws daily, which is ironic because the longer this carries on he's not going to have a potting fleet to police.

Sad aint it.

paul.

By jingos you are struggling big time here with your own conservation credentials Paul.

Big cod are the recruitment drivers not undersize ones, what an incredibly strange justification to attempt.

Ps...returning fish to the sea dead or alive is regarded as discarding, your post makes little sense in this respect. This is why C&R angling was deemed an "extractive activity" and is unacceptable in some designations of MCZ protection.

Are we safe to assume that you are indeed still regularly killing large amounts of Cod, Ling etc, those very same fish that you are eternally whining are in trouble?

I have no issue with it as I see no stock issue. You however are promoting stock issues, how does that on one hand fit with what you may well be practicing on the other hand, although you do seem to be trying hard to avoid the question it is pointing in the direction of you still killing big numbers of these same fish.

I have been there done that, filled the boat and watched the gulls feed on the floaters when space became an issue...but as I see no issue with the stock I could look at myself in the mirror no problem -

Shetland12002.jpg

Shetland12004.jpg

On the scallop point, if they are indeed breaking the law then they deserve to be caught and suitably punished, no issue from me there, although I am rather surprised that they could get away with this given the VMS system.

I assume that you will have taken your concerns up with the IFCA Chair (not the CFO if you hold him in such low regard), and what did they say about it?

• Like 1

looks like there is a need for bag limits out of Whitby, every one will need to do their bit according to this:

Kilpatrick’s claims are backed up by a report I was sent by Seafish.co.uk. The Marine Management Organisation stats of “Landings into UK ports by UK vessels from 2009-2013? show figures for Whitby’s demersal fish—fish that live and feed at the bottom of the seabed, such as cod—have gone from 1.2 to 0.3 tonnes landed between 2009 t0 2013. That’s just four years. Other fish quantities have also dropped—due to the stripping down of the fish market and other infrastructure in the town—but not as significantly as the fish dredging mostly affects.

Plenty of fish barry if you know where to look but these we were caught under the cliff thursday and friday on my vessel no discards though all undersized returned alive and this is the main thing barry which you you just dont get NO SCALLOPING HERE this ground has never seen a scallop dredge becasue if it had these fish wouldnt be there .

http://www.whitbyseaanglers.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=35853.0

paul.

Edited by big_cod

Untitled-1.jpg

Plenty of fish barry if you know where to look but these we were caught under the cliff thursday and friday on my vessel no discards though all undersized returned alive and this is the main thing barry which you you just dont get NO SCALLOPING HERE this ground has never seen a scallop dredge becasue if it had these fish wouldnt be there .

http://www.whitbyseaanglers.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=35853.0

paul.

I am starting to become embarrassed for you Paul, is that a serious post from an even semi-educated adult?

Steve sorry i forgot your Einstein a little bit off tangents mate you are anti angler that what grinds you anglers arnt a problem in any fisherie you know that or unless your completely stupid but when your tunnel vision . You have complained many times about anglers youhVe done that on this site angling is a multimillion pound buisness in the uk take whitby anglers spend thousands on B+B .pubs . Restaurant . Charters the list is endless and ther us one thing for sure it's sustainable so get your commercial goggles off and stop being Anti angler .

Paul

Edited by big_cod

Untitled-1.jpg

steve is one of the most balanced commercial's I have ever met on the net, I have never known him and he is also an angler go against any rsa unless it has been deserved. One of the best supporters of anti TAT anecdotal assuming junk I have had the privilege to listen to.

show us your evidence you claim that is all over the net regarding these scallop rock crushers, all you have provided big cod is anecdotal, assumptions just like TAT and a video that is aged, not from your part of the coast and borrowed copied and pasted from another fishy forum, claiming that this is exactly what rock crushing scallopers get up to.

I'm trying to remember what other sector of the commercial industry you had claimed to have been part of the cod decimation, during the herring run I think it was. So when the boot is on the other foot, it's you who are causing grief for the commercial sector as opposed to working with them. At present on the south coat TAT are doing exactly the same by portraying the commercial sector in the uk of destroying both the bream and the bass stocks. all based on no facts and poor evidence.

Edited by barry luxton

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..