RMT backs drink driving

barry luxton

Not all reefs are just below the surface ;)

What's that I spy at about 2:52 in amongst the blennys and the butterfish? Jesus Jumpin Fecking Johnny I do believe it's a fecking scallop. Funny al those "experts" on AN think you only get them in the sand.

You make a good point, the definition of "reef" in modern marine management terms, specifically EU terms, is a scary one for anyone who lives, works or plays by the sea.

On your second point, the key is "in viable quantities".

What's that I spy at about 2:52 in amongst the blennys and the butterfish? Jesus Jumpin Fecking Johnny I do believe it's a fecking scallop. Funny al those "experts" on AN think you only get them in the sand.

No but even the humblest vessels today have enough tech not only to know exactly what the sea bed looks like ,IE is its flat with smooth undulations its probably sand shingle or mud and if it rises steeply its a wreck reef or whale and GPS means you can't do much accidentally.

So they are either deliberately risking their gear and vessel or they are stupid.

As for the single scallop I don't care where they congregate but I know they don't crawl and can rapidly move from a to b ,if they end up on a reef it could be their visiting a crab or lost not that they may choose to live on a rock.

Not sure experts say x is true because of a sole sighting nor a scallop either

As for shellfish I prefer whelk over scallop any day and I don't care how they are obtained or what is destroyed getting them

Perhaps whelkers whistle them into one spot with gold flutes and tame dolphins round them up I really don't care honest

If scallopers do this or that they made their bed and they will lie in it, their choice short term greed over long term need I guess we all know the outcome sure as night is day the French will close the ports and RMT bigwigs get paid very hamsomly

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

You make a good point, the definition of "reef" in modern marine management terms, specifically EU terms, is a scary one for anyone who lives, works or plays by the sea.

On your second point, the key is "in viable quantities".

Here's a thing. I used to be in the merchant navy, so I've been around a wee bit. Some of the best, nice big fat scallops were the ones I had in Norway. They don't trawl for them (at least not where I was) They dive for them. They dive for them in Skye too I think. That's how the get them.

Heres a question or three. How come if I go up to Scoltland it will cost me £money I'm not going to pay for some sad looking dead scallops in a fishmongers window, but I can go and visit my in-laws in France and get about a stone of them,that will still be alive for about €25-€30. It's the same with oysters here in Southampton I would pay a fortune for oysters if I could find them whilst in France I can go into any supermarket and get a big wooden box of oysters for not too much money? Why is it when I go into a supermarket in the UK and go to the fish counter I'll be lucky to find two haddies and a mackerel, but in France it looks like they have got half of Seaworld on display and they look like they came out the water the same morning? I'm exagerating a wee bit of course, but you get my drift (pun indended ;))

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

Yes chesters I agree with what you say, or at least it makes sense, Why would you drag your expensive gear over a rocky bottom is beyond me.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!

was that the royal ONE scallop that you spotted, blimey next your be telling us that it's a viable commercial scallop fishery, go Google and find us some evidence, any evidence that commercially, scalloping takes place on reefs, please do.

• Like 1

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Here's a thing. I used to be in the merchant navy, so I've been around a wee bit. Some of the best, nice big fat scallops were the ones I had in Norway. They don't trawl for them (at least not where I was) They dive for them. They dive for them in Skye too I think. That's how the get them.

Heres a question or three. How come if I go up to Scoltland it will cost me £money I'm not going to pay for some sad looking dead scallops in a fishmongers window, but I can go and visit my in-laws in France and get about a stone of them,that will still be alive for about €25-€30. It's the same with oysters here in Southampton I would pay a fortune for oysters if I could find them whilst in France I can go into any supermarket and get a big wooden box of oysters for not too much money? Why is it when I go into a supermarket in the UK and go to the fish counter I'll be lucky to find two haddies and a mackerel, but in France it looks like they have got half of Seaworld on display and they look like they came out the water the same morning? I'm exagerating a wee bit of course, but you get my drift (pun indended ;))

yup exactly there's a slight difference between dived and dragged scallops, cost effective to drag a reef commercially? Can you show us how they do it? :g:

Regarding your second para, the u k wet fish counter industry comes a pale second as most of it is exported and the shiet is what the u k public gets left, grey lifeless dirge, including the farmed bass and bream that is imported

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

was that the royal ONE scallop that you spotted,

e5006688.gif

• Like 1

"La conclusión es que los insultos sólo perjudican cuando vienen de alguien que respeto". e5006689.gif

“Vescere bracis meis”

sorry about this, off the scalloping subject, but, there's a proposal to run a lot more 24hour trains on the tube. Guess what, the union are apprehensive regarding public and staff safety, no mention of safety when it comes to drink driving or unfit through illness to drive a train. Are the union subject to double standards or is it a case of whatever the management come out with it will be resisted care of the travelling public.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-31547712

just think, union members pay fees so they can listen to these errrrm, wise words, quote:

Steve Hedley, senior assistant general secretary of the RMT, said the union was not opposed to the changes, but they did not want to compromise passenger safety.

"We understand it is going to create jobs and it is going to help the economy, but we can't do that at the expense of the safety and comfort of our passengers and indeed our staff," he said.

dunno if this union guy actually travels on the tube in particular during rush hour, standing room just about, comfort don't come into it, all them sweaty females pressing up against ya.

Edited by barry luxton

was that the royal ONE scallop that you spotted, blimey next your be telling us that it's a viable commercial scallop fishery, go Google and find us some evidence, any evidence that commercially, scalloping takes place on reefs, please do.

I didn't claim that they did, the idea of fishing for scallops over heavy rocky ground seem weird enough. What I do know is that the BEST scallops are not dredged off the bottom. They are picked by hand by divers.

They dive for them in Norway, commercially, they dive for them the Orkneys, they dive for them in Skye, the dive for them in Ireland and they dive for them in Loch Fyne, where the video was shot.

Edited by corydoras

Jeez, why would anyone want to eat lethargic dive caught flab when you can have the lean mean swimming machines without paying the inflated flab premium?

Ps...West and North Skye scallops are easily the worst quality scallops that we fish, dreadful, the processors cringe when you land from there.

If you are ever in Kirkcudbright drop me a PM and you will inherit a kilo of the finest scallops that you have ever eaten FOC, the lean mean swimming machine variety. That will be pure meat as due to food hygiene regs it is all but illegal to sell the unshucked animal nowadays.

The biggest market for Kirkcudbright scallops is sadly in France, some do go locally, some do go elsewhere but sadly the continent is where it is really at, although they pay a lot more than 25 to 30 Euro per stone, per kilo perhaps.

I am like you I find the UKs seafood marketplace embarrassing, there are a few exceptions but the UK consumer has gotten out of the way of real food, and this is not seafood specific, if it doesn't come in a ready to cook bag many UK consumers just do not want to know.

I hate with a vengeance all this preaching which only ever inflates prices placing quality seafood out of reach to ordinary people like us, it should never be conscience massaging food for the elite imho.