Fishing plans for 2007

Ken L

With the rivers looking like they do with all the rain and with no night frosts this is the perfect time for barbel. For me Carp fishing lakes has finished and river fishing is just starting. When i stop is when it is really frezzing but if not i will try to wet a line during the winter.

take a look at my blog

http://chubcatcher.blogspot.co.uk/

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my target for 2007 is to catch a chub

Matt, you should seriously look at France. Two years ago I lost a fish that must have gone 8lb from a little river running into lake Anasey. I lost it because I hadn't got a net and it was to big to get my hand accross its shoulders. Not only was it a monster, it was the smallest of a pair of fish that had me ditching the lures in favour of whatever I could cobble together from the bits of tackle I had with me.

Edit. Just re read your post and it sounds as if any chub will do. Ah well, if you ever decide you want a big one....

Edited by Ken L

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

i havent even thought that far ahead im thinkin of the winter aswell i suppose if i were to give it some thought i would like to catch a new years day carp and a cristmas carp :D

dont be too dissapointed when you dont catch a fish after its not called catching its called fishing! :D

• 1 month later...

Well, unless your local rivers have been and are in a better state than the Severn, those grayling, roach and pike sessions are out of the window.

My plans are still on course and I'm out of the country from Jan 8th till April 8th.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

Every year, I say that I want to do more fishing next year.

Every year, I do less and less. The need to earn money to survive always screws it up for me.

With that in mind, I intend to fish less next year. In fact, I don't think I'll go fishing again, ever.

There, that should sort it ;)

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

what are your fishing plans ideas and objectives for 2007 ?

To catch as many fish as possible, maybe even get back into fishing a match or two. Always fancied one of those fishing holidays in Devon or Cornwall. Being a Devon lad and now living in Lincolnshire it would be nice to get back down there for a spot of fishing.

Yogi. :)

Take nothing but photo's.

Leave nothing but footprints.

Kill nothing but time.

Every year, I say that I want to do more fishing next year.

Every year, I do less and less. The need to earn money to survive always screws it up for me.

With that in mind, I intend to fish less next year. In fact, I don't think I'll go fishing again, ever.

There, that should sort it ;)

Have you put your name down for Ladywood yet?

Less than a fifthteen min drive from your house and much nicer than any Gaps water

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!

plans for 07:

- pass my driving lessons

- beg my boss for a company car

- get out fishing to the more atractable fishing venues

- spend alot more over nights/camping in spring/summer

- trying to break my pike PB

well i got one off my list ready for 2007 " - begg my boss for company car "

never got a company car just went and bought my own :rolleyes:

Owner of Tacklesack.co.uk

Moderator at The-Pikers-Pit.co.uk