Is it time?

mr motorola

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Look guys before you start firing anything at me, do you think that we should have a seperate section on the site dedicated to politics / conservation?

It seems that recently the whole (or most of ) the Sea Fishing forum has been taken over by debates / and arguments over what is right or wrong for the sea, PLEASE don't misunderstand me (as i can well understand your points ) but, do we have to have the board inundated with conservation issues?

What about a dedicated section for the arguments and topics in question?

It's not as if it will be on a seperate web site, surely Elton could sort something out!?!

What do you say?????

Sorry to say this but if you take out the politics and conservation then you would be left with very little input to the rest of the section Why not start a new one where political and conservation as well as member posted adverts are banned :offtopic::bigemo_harabe_net-163:

Mr. Motorola,

I've run this site for 7 years, building it from scratch with no financial input.

New members usually leave it more than just one month before telling me how to run it :D

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Mr. Motorola,

I've run this site for 7 years, building it from scratch with no financial input.

New members usually leave it more than just one month before telling me how to run it :D

Fair comment Elton

I aint telling you how to run it , all iwas asking was what the members thought.

I take it from your post that you won't be doing a seperate Conservation forum then?

Fishing is fishing , Life is life , but life wouldn't be very enjoyable without fishing................ Mr M 12:03 / 19-3-2009

Fair comment Elton

I aint telling you how to run it , all iwas asking was what the members thought.

I take it from your post that you won't be doing a seperate Conservation forum then?

I've wanted it for a while, but being a benevolent dictator ( :) ), have never seen an overwhelming demand for it, so have resisted the temptation.

The coarse forum went through a period of 'political' posts, but came through it and now has a good balance. This forum, however, is taking a bit longer than expected....

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Well going on that then Doc i think we need to give Elton a shout and see what he can do .

Do we all agree?

Technically it is a no-brainer to set up a new section. There are at least 3 of us you could do it in 5 minutes without breaking a sweat.

The real question is not Can we do it (answer is yes) but more a matter of Should we do it and the answer on that is not clear cut one way or the other.

There are a number of really good reasons for having a forum for sea angling/fishing topics and another for conservation related topics. There are about an equal number of really good reasons for keeping the issues together in a single forum.

A third option that is not often discussed except among the mods & admins is to do away with the sea section altogether. Since we cannot find a suitable person to moderate the sea forums (needs lots of knowledge, lots of spare time, and no personal agenda or bias toward RSA or Charter or Commercial), this option appeals to me on numerous occasions.

You asked for opinions, ignored the ones already given, and seem determined to keep pushing for a result you want while saying that you only want the idea of separate forums to be considered. Probably not a very good idea for you to continue on this particular tack.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

If posters would keep their comments to facts and not resort to personal or generalised attacks on people or groups with conflicting oppinions then there is not a need. All people need to do is be civilised :rolleyes::hug:

OK point taken , i'll drop the matter and not push anymore

Just going to the hardware shop for some tape for my mouth and some gauntlets for my hands

Anyone else want anything?

taht sdholud od it , hmmmmf hmmmf

Fishing is fishing , Life is life , but life wouldn't be very enjoyable without fishing................ Mr M 12:03 / 19-3-2009

Technically it is a no-brainer to set up a new section. There are at least 3 of us you could do it in 5 minutes without breaking a sweat.

The real question is not Can we do it (answer is yes) but more a matter of Should we do it and the answer on that is not clear cut one way or the other.

There are a number of really good reasons for having a forum for sea angling/fishing topics and another for conservation related topics. There are about an equal number of really good reasons for keeping the issues together in a single forum.

A third option that is not often discussed except among the mods & admins is to do away with the sea section altogether. Since we cannot find a suitable person to moderate the sea forums (needs lots of knowledge, lots of spare time, and no personal agenda or bias toward RSA or Charter or Commercial), this option appeals to me on numerous occasions.

You asked for opinions, ignored the ones already given, and seem determined to keep pushing for a result you want while saying that you only want the idea of separate forums to be considered. Probably not a very good idea for you to continue on this particular tack.

Many of the longer service members who supported the idea of a seperate section, have long ago stopped contributing, so their voices won't be heard.

To suggest that the sea section should be dropped as a solution, is a bit sad.

If there were not the frequently contentious politics/conservation threads, it probably wouldn't need a lot of moderating.

There is a lot of good, quality expertise among members, that could answer most questions raised satisfactorily, so the Mods wouldn't be needed in that connection ( as they aren't on other areas of Anglers Net).

"I gotta go where its warm, I gotta fly to saint somewhere "