Acorah a con?

Peter Waller

Chavender, Ciaran has done experiments with deionisers, but as yet we've not got any definitive results from them.

I get very very scared (indeed this time i even got scarred!) on each show, and as Chavender says, it's largely down to the sensory deprivation.

Do I believe in ghosts? I know for a fact there are many many things we don't understand, and I have experienced many examples of 'paranormal' phenomena. Whether or not these were the result of dead people trying to contact me or my colleagues I'm not yet sure :)

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Snakey, as one of the team who outed Acorah as a fake, it's pretty clear where my sympathies lie!

Don't be pedantic with my statements about Randi, I'm not drawing direct parallels between him and stage mediums, merely stating that they're both showmen promoting products (the product usually being them self)

The whole million dollar thing is indeed a scam, no matter what banks name he quotes.

Well i'll guess we'll never really know whether its a scam or not until one of the "psychics" of the world takes up the challenge and passes it.lets face it if these psychics are so confindent of their ability they should be able to prove it under laboratory conditions easily enough and its not just randi offering prize money to encourage them to do so there are several other groups doing the same.they could be all fakes but until a real psychic turns up we'll never know however i've a feeling we may have a very long wait.

As for it being good entertainment i don't disagree but trying to push it as a serious study into the paranormal is going a bit far, thats like describing the sunday sport as a serious broadsheet (and remember alot of people read that)

The point is snakey, there is no million pounds, and to my knowledge (though I don't mind being proven wrong) there have been no serious contenders to the challenge. Randi is a showman as much as Acorah or any other stage medium, they all have products to promote and they do it in whatever way they can

I think that sums it up very well, any one who really has the third eye would not lower themselves to a base challenge for financial reward. :rolleyes:

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist

If you look at the smiley rolling it's eyes, you might think it was goldy. If you have funny vision, you might think it was silvery. In fact, it's irony.....

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

If you look at the smiley rolling it's eyes, you might think it was goldy. If you have funny vision, you might think it was silvery. In fact, it's irony.....

You definately have the power of the third eye :lol::lol:

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist

Chavender, Ciaran has done experiments with deionisers, but as yet we've not got any definitive results from them.

I get very very scared (indeed this time i even got scarred!) on each show, and as Chavender says, it's largely down to the sensory deprivation.

Do I believe in ghosts? I know for a fact there are many many things we don't understand, and I have experienced many examples of 'paranormal' phenomena. Whether or not these were the result of dead people trying to contact me or my colleagues I'm not yet sure :)

I've followed your posts on this since the days when you and I first talked about your 'new' job by email, some time ago, and it's interesting how you've changed.

I got the feeling, at the start, it was 'just another new job'. Then you sent me an audio clip of something that, as a professional, you could not logically explain, and your mind seemed to open. It's interesting, now, to see how completely open it is. I have a feeling that if you knew (or strongly thought) that it was all a con, you'd be quite outspoken and move onto another job.

I've always had an open mind on these things, but have never been in the environment to test my feelings. Seeing your face when **** happens, I'll elect to stay that way :)

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

You're right Elton, when I started on MH it was indeed just another job, and as a freelancer who worked for 10 or 12 different programs each month, I never expected it to change my life the way it has.

You're also right in that if I thought the whole thing was a con I'd be off like a shot, I only earn my day rate working on the show, the same I'd get working for anyone else, yeah I get my mug on the telly, but that's a by-product rather than the reason for doing it in the first place. I have no reason to do anything than tell the truth, Derek was a fake, and since he got the push MH is free of fakery, simple as that. We've used a lot of mediums other than Acorah, and the only one who stands up to any kind of scrutiny is David Wells, whether or not he's talking to dead people, I can't say for sure, but I do know he regularly receives information that I know for sure he hasn't read, googled, or been told by anyone living!

The news that Derek is a fake is hardly new, the story in the link is a year old and was the result of months and months of investigation. Most Haunted is a genuine paranormal investigation, whether you believe what you see or not is up to you, and I doubt anything I could say would change anybodies mind, but there is no fakery or trickery now that Acorah has been shown the door.

Acorah left all the crew with bitter tastes in their mouths regarding all 'psychics' but after having worked with David Wells for two years now, he does indeed seem to be the genuine article, ie, someone who can talk to dead people. I don't say that lightly, having been sceptical about such things all my life, but the whole crew are astounded by what he can do on a regular basis.

]=

On the latest live Most Haunted in Edinburgh you got your leg cut quite nastily, what happened??? Also was it Stuart who had his back scratched, what does everyone think about that? if it is a load of bull****, what caused the scratching, me I have an open mind, as a scientist (allegedly) I would need personal proof before I could believe or disbelieve. (Also I seem to remember reading somewhere that Borley Rectory was a fake)