Where in the UK would you most like to have a weekend fishing?

Steve Burke

In the past?? HAS to be off the Ascension Islands!! ANY DAY!!! and for now?? Either Your water Steve or failing that see the above!!!

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A hideously difficult question to answer.......but a fantastic one at that!!

I have been fortunate enough to fish redmire and have fished the 'Old Copper Mine' a few times (the most amazing carp water I have ever fished).

Going back in time it is a draw between Redmire during the Walker era or the Hampshire Avon in the 1920's when the Roach fishing was dreamy!

For the future that is easy - it is wherever I next cast a line.........

' The "Dandy of the Stream", a veritable Beau Brummell, that is the Perch and well he knows it!' --The Observers's Book of Freshwater Fishes of the British Isles

Visit My Galleries

Blimey WO, I forgot the Parlour, I think it was Salmon anglers only 50 years ago. I WISH WISH WISH I could start again :)

Den

I know my father coarse fished it in the mid sixties from the punt. They used to get their lunch brought down to them, a pint of beer and a pork pie! Loads of sea trout and great big roach and dace.

I would love to be able to fish Killingworth Lake, near Newcastle, in the days of my youth, but with the tackle, baits and methods that are available to me today. I would also loved to have fished the Medway in the days when it always flowed downstream.

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.

Nowadays - Norfolk broads. Pike on one rod, Roach, Silver Bream, Bronze Bream, Ruffe, Rudd all taking red maggots on the other rod.

Then - Kennet and Avon Canal, bagging up on Pike.

www.myspace.com/boozlebear

After some discussion with work collegues I have ascertained that Northern Ireland is in the United Kingdom so I can say one of my favourite places was high 20/low 30 pegs on Trory on the Erne, when there were loads of fish ther. Wonderful scenery as well as being able to fish any method comfortably.

Great memories.

Now anywhere that has fish and looks natural. I'm getting a bit fed up with muddy puddles with no features.

I thought this would be an easy question, before I started trying to write a response. I reckon in the present, a weekend on my local stretch of Thames after big chub (which is handy, because I can!), and in the past it's got to be Redmire hasn't it? You can even pick the year for me, I don't mind!

Edited by Anderoo

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

Redmire in the 1970's with chris yates, or fishing off Dover Pier with my uncle Brian (sadly passed away) like we did when i was nine. Fishing with my mate Bruce who every year buys a fishing licence but never gets out due to family/work pressure. My aim for 2007 is to get him out even if i have to kidnap him.

take a look at my blog

http://chubcatcher.blogspot.co.uk/